• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

First Robotics

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Robotics? Elio? Innovation?

http://www.geekwire.com/2015/renown...nnovation-is-about-finding-the-right-problem/

“Innovation isn’t about technology alone,” Kamen said. “Innovation is the intersection of the appropriate technology for a real need that has never been made before. If the need is very real and the technology really works and it gets adopted in the world, it’s called innovation.

“If people don’t think you’re nuts, you’re probably not on the edge of innovation ...,” he said.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Excellent article, Comp! And truer words were never spoken. All of the little "gadgets" I've come up with at work (three patented, one more maybe if the 'powers that be' at work like what I was working on over the weekend :)), were the result of a problem that either I encountered, by a co-worker that was having problems with a process, or by new requirements (usually OSHA). Granted, nothing I've come up with is as game changing as the Elio (when they pull it off), but I still get a little thrill when I get an email from the patent department.

Again, thanks for the article!

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Typing in all caps is David's signature quirk and we all have some type of quirk so it's just something you have to learn to live with. Yelling about it won't change a thing, it's the way it is.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
@electroken :

You ready??!!
Any predictions for this week-end's reveal?

The event, and particularly the motivated kids [and mentors] they had in St. Louis, MO was quite impressive. Wish I had more time to check it out, but I made some poor scheduling decisions and had to be at two other places that same day.:oops: Hope St. Louis hosts another event. I'll make a day of it.

electroken

Elio Addict
Reaction score
@electroken :

You ready??!!
Any predictions for this week-end's reveal?

Half of me can't believe another season is starting already, while the other half impatiently waits for the game reveal this Saturday. My guesses for previous years games were horribly wrong, so this year I'll just wait.

One thing I've noticed is bumpers will be required this year. That means defense, and likely the resumption of the drive train arms race. Maybe an automatic transmission this year to reduce the work load on the drive team kids...

electroken

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The event, and particularly the motivated kids [and mentors] they had in St. Louis, MO was quite impressive. Wish I had more time to check it out, but I made some poor scheduling decisions and had to be at two other places that same day.:oops: Hope St. Louis hosts another event. I'll make a day of it.

St. Louis will be hosting the World Championship again this year on 4/22-4/25. We'll see if we can earn our way there again this year.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
St. Louis will be hosting the World Championship again this year on 4/22-4/25. We'll see if we can earn our way there again this year.

we may well be in St Louis on the 22nd .... have grandparents' duties to take care of .... looking forward to hearing more about the Championship

Top Bottom