• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

First Robotics

electroken

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The pits are arranged by team number, so look for 230 in the Curie Division pits.

All of the SHS sports teams are the Gaels. Our first major corporate sponsor in 1999 was Sikorsky Aircraft, so we grafted the -hawk to the end and became The Gaelhawks. We get asked what a Gaelhawk is all the time. We have no idea.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The pits are arranged by team number, so look for 230 in the Curie Division pits.

All of the SHS sports teams are the Gaels. Our first major corporate sponsor in 1999 was Sikorsky Aircraft, so we grafted the -hawk to the end and became The Gaelhawks. We get asked what a Gaelhawk is all the time. We have no idea.
Best of luck to your team. Very exciting!
Have you ever made it to 'the big stage' before? The two times we went to the championships, we were never very close to moving on.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Team 230, Curie Division pits....Got it! Depending on how the week shakes down here at work, Fri. looks like the day I'll take off to check out the action. Good luck, and safe travels!

electroken

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Best of luck to your team. Very exciting!
Have you ever made it to 'the big stage' before? The two times we went to the championships, we were never very close to moving on.

We've made it into the division quarter-finals before, but never beyond that. There are a few teams that are just astonishingly good, year after year, and seem to dominate the Einstein field.

We board the bus to the airport at 3AM Wednesday (yawn).

electroken

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Team 230, Curie Division pits....Got it! Depending on how the week shakes down here at work, Fri. looks like the day I'll take off to check out the action. Good luck, and safe travels!

On Friday our matches are scheduled for 9:10, 10:27, 2:54, 4:11, and 5:00. If our pit looks like a ghost town, we're on the field or at Bogart's BBQ.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, I am thoroughly impressed with the First Robotics event! Found Ken (electoken) and his team in their pit swapping out some wheels for the next round. Steve, the other mentor, told me they were in 12th place at the time, which is VERY impressive since there's 608 teams. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to stick around until their next event (couple hours) as I had to meet some people for lunch, so I hope their next round went well. GO GAELHAWKS!:) And have a safe trip home with your trophy!

Thoughts: I have NEVER been around a more energetic and well-behaved group of teenagers (literally thousands). All thrilled to be there. All displaying what 'good sportsmanship' should look like, and what young people can accomplish with proper guidance by caring adults. Attending the event left me with the 'warm fuzzies' for our technological future. Ken, Comptrex and ALL the mentors involve in events like these have my deepest respect and admiration, and when those teenagers are my age, they will, without a doubt, look back on Ken and Comptrex as people that had a huge positive impact on their lives.

P.S. - Murphy's Law was alive and well today. Not familiar with the Edward Jones Dome, I decide to park my car on the EXACT OPPOSITE side of the stadium from the general public entrance.:confused: Bum knee didn't like it at all...Knee is iced down, as is my Crown Royal [for medicinal purposes of course]. ;)

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Looks like they are currently in 7th place in their division. Couple of more spots and they will make it to "The Big Stage"! 158 points qualifying average is incredible! I think ours was 110 or something like that. Looks like the top dogs are in the 190's.
Amazing!

Top Bottom