• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Motors Engine Unveiling 2/6/2015 -3/6/2015

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I did. Did you know the capitol building in Georgia is the only one with a roof covered in gold? Or that they have a double barrel cannon out front?

I'm thinking that Colorado's capitol building in Denver is also covered in gold. Can't say for sure if it's "real" gold, but it was always shiny (untarnished). Bert? Norahsbed? Help me out here.

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I did. Did you know the capitol building in Georgia is the only one with a roof covered in gold? Or that they have a double barrel cannon out front?
The capitol bldg. In Denver also has a roof covered in gold. It is gold leaf. I can remember them repairing it back about 10 years ago when I lived there. Quite expensive if I remember correctly.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
nope- I didn't know either
But did you know that the Marshall Forest in Rome is the only natural forest within a cities limits in all of the U.S.?

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Spent 31 years there. Lived in Highland's Ranch prior to retiring to Florida 8 yrs ago. Also lived in Golden and Lakewood while there.

"From" Southwest Denver (0-12), but did most of my juvenile delinquent stuff in Arvada. Not familiar with Highland's Ranch, but Golden, Morrison, and anything near Red Rocks Amphitheater was right in my wheelhouse.

Bert

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm thinking that Colorado's capitol building in Denver is also covered in gold. Can't say for sure if it's "real" gold, but it was always shiny (untarnished). Bert? Norahsbed? Help me out here.

It's gold leaf, hammered out into a sheet.

Oops, already answered. LOL

Top Bottom