• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Gauge Cluster - Lord Elgin? - Other Options?

Elgin Dash Yes or No?

• Total voters

Chaz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Unfortunately due to some technical issues and time constraints we were not able to measure the dash or get a video of it however we did get a much clearer photo of the dash and a decent photo of it turned on briefly as the battery was still not cooperating. Hopefully there will be some operational video in the near future as it really would help clear up some of the misconceptions people may have about what they will see when this is installed in an operational vehicle.

View attachment 3763 View attachment 3762 View attachment 3761

It was an honor to be able to see and handle this prototype gauge cluster which is currently a one of a kind item and could be damaged if mishandled so it is not taken out much. It was also an honor to be able to post these photos as these are the first close-up photos which Elio Motors has allowed us to see of this dash. I may have even inadvertently caused Jerome some issues over these photos because this is a controversial topic so I made sure to thank him and apologize if this did cause him any issues.

Thank you for the pictures, they are much clearer. Hopefully this causes no problem with the Elio team.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Did it appear to have button to reset to miles traveled, or just current milage only?

This version does not however Jerome told me that the final version will have more features such as reset-able mileage counter(s) and even the option of displaying the exact MPH readout on that multi-function display.

imageon

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Back in the day that dash would be called "Far Out". It really is just that. I can see it matching the car. With the readout down there in the center it would be usable.
As I am probably going full tilt Skysmatic, I will get their dash if offered. But could live with this.
MK

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
As I am probably going full tilt Skysmatic, I will get their dash if offered. But could live with this.
MK

its my understanding that the Skyz dash will be displayed on an I-pad .... there will be a mount for the I-pad on the dash to the right of the steering wheel where the radio is in the P4 .... I don't believe it will replace the Elgin .... hope I'm wrong about that

Jim

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This version does not however Jerome told me that the final version will have more features such as reset-able mileage counter(s) and even the option of displaying the exact MPH readout on that multi-function display.
Thanks. That takes a little sting out of having what some, including myself, didn't want to begin with.
I'll learn to live with it, or I'll change it myself.

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
its my understanding that the Skyz dash will be displayed on an I-pad .... there will be a mount for the I-pad on the dash to the right of the steering wheel where the radio is in the P4 .... I don't believe it will replace the Elgin .... hope I'm wrong about that

Jim
Jerome told me in Jacksonville, that they will have a Sky dash available as an option. Unless I misunderstood,which if you ask my wife, happens all the time..

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score

Jim
Jerome told me in Jacksonville, that they will have a Sky dash available as an option. Unless I misunderstood,which if you ask my wife, happens all the time..

There was indeed some discussion about a dash option right after SEMA however from our experience speaking to Jerome about dash options in Charlotte it would appear that EM is backing away from optional dashes as a factory installed option.

Having had some time to think about this my guess is that the issues for EM with regards to optional gauge clusters are the extended time it takes to replace a dash, which ties up a technician who could likely outfit several vehicles with normal options in the time it takes to replace one dash, and the potential liability issues involved in delivering all these dashes directly from the factory. From EM's point of view this option very well could be better served by the aftermarket.

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
if Dakota Digital is making the Elgin for EM, they will have all of the info needed to design and build an aftermarket replacement unit .... if that is the case, the question will become is the cost of doing so worth it to the Elio owner

Jim
That would be a yes for me.

Top Bottom