• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Gauge Cluster - Lord Elgin? - Other Options?

Elgin Dash Yes or No?

• Total voters

Celtictat2

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Elgin Dash, Yes or No.

If No, then what?
Elio_interior.jpg

upload_2014-4-27_21-0-22-jpeg.731.jpg
Whatever this Dash is, it's fine by me.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yep, "whatever" dash will work for me, too. I have never bought a car because I liked the dash style, and I have never NOT bought a car because I didn't like the dash. Just get that Elio going, Partners, and I'll take it!
To buy and drive a car I have too like the overall style and handling, but may not care for some little individual details. I actually like the overall Elio styling.......even better with the open Indian Fender option........but with the Elio form follows function and possible $ savings on every single part and or detail as it should be.........which leads Elio to the base $6800......84 MPG goal post.

Ocean9000

Elio Addict
Reaction score
okay... I read through all 57 pages of this thread. And I have a few thoughts (yes, it surprised me as well, but - hey, what the heck)

The watch that inspired the SB concept dash is gorgeous, a work of art and style created in a time when people recognised true style. I can understand why Mr. Elio would use it as an inspiration to design something of an homage to his father. I can also understand why it would be extremely difficult to dissuade him from that tribute.
That said, what works as a timepiece, with the passage of information marked at the speed of the passage of minutes might be difficult to translate to something intended to display the passage of more dynamic content such a vehicle velocity or engine RPM... but it's been done

3239-256283e0e7c483325799da4ae0cbfa87.jpg

I can't really make any other comments until some shows us an updated or finalised rendering/photo.

My feelings at this point? I would really like it as as a clock. For instrumentation, I prefer 270 degree sweep, black numerals on white background gages with bright orange or bright red indicator arms, the more the better

Attachments

• stewart.jpg
    stewart.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 454
Last edited:

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
okay... I read through all 57 pages of this thread. And I have a few thoughts (yes, it surprised me as well, but - hey, what the heck)

The watch that inspired the SB concept dash is gorgeous, a work of art and style created in a time when people recognised true style. I can understand why Mr. Elio would use it as an inspiration to design something of an homage to his father. I can also understand why it would be extremely difficult to dissuade him from that tribute.
That said, what works as a timepiece, with the passage of information marked at the speed of the passage of minutes might be difficult to translate to something intended to display the passage of more dynamic content such a vehicle velocity or engine RPM... but it's been done

3239-256283e0e7c483325799da4ae0cbfa87.jpg

I can't really make any other comments until some shows us an updated or finalised rendering/photo.

My feelings at this point? I would really like it as as a clock. For instrumentation, I prefer 270 degree sweep, black numerals on white background gages with bright orange or bright red indicator arms, the more the better
Gold star to you for havng the patients to read this entire tread!

Top Bottom