• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Gauge Cluster - Lord Elgin? - Other Options?

Elgin Dash Yes or No?

• Total voters

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Coss posted a reply somewhere where they said there will not be an option.
You mean this one?
Elio.jpe

Elio Motors Customer Service (Elio Motors)

Jun 30, 19:00 EDT

Hello Coss!
Thanks for checking in.
Great eye! The dash you see is a placeholder, as this is not a public vehicle and will be used for testing. However, the electronics and spacing are the same. At this stage, there are no plans to offer an optional dash.
Thanks again!

Best,
The Elio Team

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hello Coss!
Thanks for checking in.
Great eye! The dash you see is a placeholder, as this is not a public vehicle and will be used for testing. However, the electronics and spacing are the same. At this stage, there are no plans to offer an optional dash.
Thanks again!

Best,
The Elio Team
I zeroed in on the highlighted, magnified and underlined.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Anyone else find it interesting that Coss says the only option is his custom made instrument cluster?

;)
That's because one LEADS to the other. If no factory option, then make one yourself. Perhaps necessity. Packaging it for others is exploitation of a perceived need and formerly called ENTERPRISE.

Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone else find it interesting that Coss says the only option is his custom made instrument cluster?

;)
I will gladly give you places and specs for gauges that will work, and what to look for; but then you get to figure everything out; and trust me, the devil is in the details. I'm the only one that has stepped up (so far) that has done all of the prelim work; I haven't heard of anyone else coming up with options, have you? So as it stands, I'm the only one that is ready for it. If you hear of any, let me know; always glad to look at options.
#1 thing to remember, the space you have to work with is 9" Wide and 4" tall and that's a mighty small area.

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score

;)
I find your post interesting. Coss disclosed the source of the gages he intended to use. So I believe that he enabled anyone to build their own cluster. There are many people on this forum that could build their own cluster with the gages sourced by Coss. However, my last "discovery" was simply the application of old technology to a new process. The application of old tech to a new product is a minefield of errors, adaptors, sensors, scrap, and discoveries. Therefore, when I am ready for a non-Elgin cluster, I will undoubtedly take the cheap route and buy the field-tested Coss Cluster. I am too old and fat to make new discoveries while standing on my head with my feet over the headrest.

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
According to EM a "Place Holder gauge set" not to be an option in the production model, but the spacing is the same.
Well, if they keep the dimensions the same, you'd think you'd be able to take the whole cluster out and replace it with a real cluster.

Top Bottom