• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Gauge Cluster - Lord Elgin? - Other Options?

Elgin Dash Yes or No?

• Total voters

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Same here. I'll take the dash as it comes. I will decide after using it for a while, if I'm changing it out or not!

I'm with you. I don't care what kind of dash it has & frankly, don't really care what color Elio I get. As I have always bought used...VERY used, "color" has never been an option....actually, "OPTIONS" have never been an option! I will add what I want later. :)

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Because part of this thread's title is "Other Options", I'm posting my idea for a compromise here too.

I suggest a simple and extremely reasonable solution.

Provide an elegant copy of the Elgin timepiece in or on the dash and give the customers the sweep needle gauges that they want.
In regards to it being a tribute, I certainly would remember what the timepiece meant every time I checked the time in the Elio.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think the Elgin Dash will be fine, but if I don't like it after using it for awhile I have this backup option.
image.jpg

Sharp Right

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
benz 1960 vdo.jpg

Dear Friends,

Decades ago, in my misspent youth, I owned a ramshackle 1962 Mercedes 220 with tail fins, dual twin barrel carburetors and a 4 speed shifter on the column. This car had a very interesting instrument cluster with a unit similar to this photo, in the center. As the car's acceleration would rise and fall, different brightly colored tapes would go up or down to display the current speed. The speedometer was as much fun to watch as the car was fun to drive. Personally, I will be happy with whatever dash we receive (I just want the car), but it would be incredible if we could ever get something like that old-style Mercedes VDO speedometer (circa 1962). Just a dream, I suppose.

Attachments

• benz 1960 vdo.jpg
    benz 1960 vdo.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
Top Bottom