• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Electrameccanica Emv17

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Lit- too much new technology for me to consider. ONLY 89mph? Maybe in Big Sky country, Think not in Virgina. For sure if it doesn't meet your needs then you and many more, will take it off your list. Hope you find what you need, there will be more opportunities shortly ahead. When/if the Elio goes into production, there will be clear opportunities for the big boys to step in -
Ground breaking Tesla has opened the door to EVs. With their new battery plant, a new soon to be released model about 35k, and an SUV, the market will grow and the prices decline

Gizmo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's what I'm hoping will happen. Elio is actually a stop gap measure towards an eventual EV that will meets my needs. It also may satisfy my commute experience as I had hoped the mototcycle would when I bought it. But after a few near misses with these fellow blind commuters I parked it about 2 years ago. With my wifes healthcare needs I don't have the "time" to go for bike rides like I did with past bikes. Ya know the ones.... When will you be back? Where are you going? with answers like Dunno and Dunno. :D

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just my new EV this past weekend, 20 mile range @ 20 mph, and it was under $400!

20150830_171835.jpg

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
no brainer!!! 15k otd makes me driving a very cool 3 wheeler!! Service raises an interesting q, relying on Pep Boys to do more than change the oil and try and sell you air freshener + is a dim bulb. More than service, Im thinking warranty.
I know Canada which City? thanks
InterMeccanica apparently just moved into new facilities in Vancouver.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Interesting product. But only 89mph and 89 miles on a charge? Won't work for me. I figure if the max is 89mph then doing 80 on the hot lanes will be a stress factor as I plan to use it every workday that I can. I like the idea of EV's but thus far have only come across one that won't break he piggy bank. Lit Motors (less progress than the Elio) comes in at an estimated 24k with a 200 mile range and something above 100mph top speed. It even self balances!! Too bad these guys didn't keep the gas engines it might come closer to my criteria. I liked those dimples in the rear area. Wonder if they helped with the aerodynamics at all.
The C-1 was my preference and I had a larger reservation deposit on it than the Elio. I requested my reservation refund because of no progress on their prototype build. I wouldn't say less progress than on the Elio because of no P5 to date. Lit's C-1 specs in terms of range and top speed were all pulled out of Mr. Kim's ear. So far it hasn't been clocked at over 12mph and can't turn a 90 degree corner. They have some work to do.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Interesting product. But only 89mph and 89 miles on a charge? Won't work for me. I figure if the max is 89mph then doing 80 on the hot lanes will be a stress factor as I plan to use it every workday that I can. I like the idea of EV's but thus far have only come across one that won't break he piggy bank. Lit Motors (less progress than the Elio) comes in at an estimated 24k with a 200 mile range and something above 100mph top speed. It even self balances!! Too bad these guys didn't keep the gas engines it might come closer to my criteria. I liked those dimples in the rear area. Wonder if they helped with the aerodynamics at all.
The dimpling was incorporated to reduce drag. Corbin seemed to be all about form follows function in his design and engineering phases.

Gizmo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The C-1 was my preference and I had a larger reservation deposit on it than the Elio. I requested my reservation refund because of no progress on their prototype build. I wouldn't say less progress than on the Elio because of no P5 to date. Lit's C-1 specs in terms of range and top speed were all pulled out of Mr. Kim's ear. So far it hasn't been clocked at over 12mph and can't turn a 90 degree corner. They have some work to do.
Yeah I started with the C-1....it came down to viability. Too many new'ish technologies and a perceived longer wait till production. Was wondering about the turn radius. Only saw it make very shallow turns and never saw it at road speeds. I did like the self balancing and it's demonstrated stability on ice.

Gizmo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The dimpling was incorporated to reduce drag. Corbin seemed to be all about form follows function in his design and engineering phases.
Wonder what the dimpling would look like on the Elio? That and just how much reduction in drag is provided with dimpling. I know golf balls utilize it.

Top Bottom