• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Electrameccanica Emv17

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
is there any probs buying in the U S? they too use Pep Boys ??(me growling)
Importing an EV Motrocycle from Canada should be rather simple. Duties on a cycle are 0 to 2.4% of the invoice cost and must meet USA EPA Emission standards........no problem with an EV. I plan on putting a small reservation deposit down on this one if they actually meet their production date.

I will be interested in seeing the safety Specs.

image.jpg

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think the Electrameccanica is deserving of its own thread. :cool:
I believe the prototype is to come in November with it being made in 2016.
10245591_852851614794803_8513137386352715303_n.png

electrameccanica_emv17sketch.jpg

:cool:
I agree! I think this is one enclosed Three Wheeler EV to watch. It's well beyond the concept stage because it's being built on the proven Mike Corbin's Sparrow platform. The prototyping and testing was completed by Corbin Motors starting years ago. Yellow it is then.

There may be emphasis on safety since Jerry Kroll was a former Race Car Driver.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Importing an EV Motrocycle from Canada should be rather simple. Duties on a cycle are 0 to 2.4% of the invoice cost and must meet USA EPA Emission standards........no problem with an EV. I plan on putting a small reservation deposit down on this one if they actually meet their production date.

I will be interested in seeing the safety Specs.

View attachment 6832
small is relative, it seems 2k is the deposit they seek??

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
small is relative, it seems 2k is the deposit they seek??
Production would have to be set in concrete for me to do a $2K pre-order deposit. The EMV17 isn't a concept created by a start up company, but rather an established successful Custom Car Manufacturer redesigning the body style of the previous Corbin Motors production ready Sparrow. ElectraMeccanica & InterMeccanica have production facilities in place and the ability to design and fabricate their own vehicles.

The 10 Pre-order Sparrows that ElectraMeccanica purcahsed along with the Corbin rights were actually setting in the manufacturing facility in different states of completion. The reservation delivery date guaranteed to happen with a rather short wait. I am not a risk taker personality.

Last edited:

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is an interesting design.
What is the reason to buy one of these? At $20,000 it can't be economics.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What is the reason to buy one of these? At $20,000 it can be economics.
Keep in mind $19,888 CANADIAN/about $15K US Not much more than an option loaded Elio.

If it has the performance, styling, handling, build quality, fit/finish level, and EV fun factor I think it will...........I'll buy one, after a test drive to confirm it, as an around town commuter.

I would use the Elio as an around town commuter too, no cross country driving.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What is the reason to buy one of these? At $20,000 it can't be economics.
and we're buying our Es because they're economical? not the "big we" just old bikers looking for something our old bones can enjoy. and at 15+ doesn't look like that much of reach- It certainly has the cool factor, and for some the EV is even cooler, speaking of which, does it have A.C.?
late night XII:XXIV, night all

Top Bottom