• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Electrameccanica Emv17

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Their page showing body colors is ... well, for lack of a better term... humorous.

http://electrameccanica.com/shop-the-sparrow/
They only need 2 colors Yellow & Arctic White. Keep in mind Electrameccanica only had 10 Sparrows, painted, sold, and delivered. Wait until the EMV17 Rollout for the rainbow of custom colors.

It's not nice to laugh at the Sparrow. lol

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I still prefer the 'Merlin' design of the sparrow: removable top, gas engine.
Too bad this went away.
I liked the Merlin too. Mike Corbin is an amazing self-taught engineer.

image.jpg

I hope the EMV17 is my all time favorite by the end of 2015.

Last edited:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is an interesting design.
What is the reason to buy one of these? At $20,000 it can't be economics.
Exactly! A lot of the same motivators as the early Smart Car in the US. Except there is a bit more of the 'Avant-guard' crowd interested in this. And the early Smart sold 10k units at $25-$30k each. Yes, total different marketing than an Elio.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm starting to closely track the momentum of both the Elio and the EMV17 to see which one crosses the finish line to production the winner of my "&" Vehicle autocycle budget allowance. ICE vs. EV. Either one meets my around town FUNctional commuter needs.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They only need 2 colors Yellow & Arctic White. Keep in mind Electrameccanica only had 10 Sparrows, painted, sold, and delivered. Wait until the EMV17 Rollout for the rainbow of custom colors.

It's not nice to laugh at the Sparrow. lol
Yellow!! Yellow!!! I'm getting the itch.........I thought how cool living in Seattle, driving an (used to say my) Elio.
and as that hope continues to fade (for me), I think this EV will move into my number one position.
I know for some the $6.8 is a stretch, and this at 25k OTD (?) is within my resources to buy . Any scoop on A.C? Tee shirt??
Living in Seattle,as long as I stay off the interstate I'm gold, not to mention Tesla's charging stations!!
Suggestion, Those of you who "pledged" funding might reconsider delaying as long as possible.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
$25K? My calculation is $15K US. Close to an option loaded Elio.

I don't think the ElectraMeccanic & Intermeccanica partners are T-Shirt driven personalities, but rather performance driven. They did say the goal is to build the finest three wheeler EV known to mankind. I'm certain that will include AC. I'm waiting patiently for the final styling changes and vehicle Specs. The only issue that pokes my bubble of excitiement about the EMV17 is the lack of a servicing network.

What is the issue of staying off the Interstate other than fear of driving any vehicle on the Interstate in Seattle?

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
no brainer!!! 15k otd makes me driving a very cool 3 wheeler!! Service raises an interesting q, relying on Pep Boys to do more than change the oil and try and sell you air freshener + is a dim bulb. More than service, Im thinking warranty.
I know Canada which City? thanks

Gizmo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Interesting product. But only 89mph and 89 miles on a charge? Won't work for me. I figure if the max is 89mph then doing 80 on the hot lanes will be a stress factor as I plan to use it every workday that I can. I like the idea of EV's but thus far have only come across one that won't break he piggy bank. Lit Motors (less progress than the Elio) comes in at an estimated 24k with a 200 mile range and something above 100mph top speed. It even self balances!! Too bad these guys didn't keep the gas engines it might come closer to my criteria. I liked those dimples in the rear area. Wonder if they helped with the aerodynamics at all.

Top Bottom