• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Balloons In The Air / Unanswered Questions

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One question that is very important is how are they going to ship them. They would not fit on a rail or auto carrier because the centre of the carrier is used for the loader to strap down. They could ship by flat bed and get maybe four vehicles per trailer. They could buy slings for millions of dollar that would reduce shipping costs but the slings would have to be returned. The last option would be about a hundred custom trailers, this would cost about ten million and they would have to return to Shreveport empty
I've heard that the solution is dollies -- a pair of small wheels that attach through a hole in the wheel housing that fit the standard width of a car carrier. Whether this would actually work, I don't know.

Cache Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
At leas this one has 1 mph increments, not 10 mph increments as in the loathsome elgin dash.
Ha, ha. It is probably because it only had a top speed of 40-45 mph. I'm sure it was scary then with rough roads and since a horse runs about 25 mph, and the fastest about 45 mph. I have only seen speed limits in increments of 5 mph anyway.

"The Model T had a front-mounted 177-cubic-inch (2.9 L) inline four-cylinder engine, producing 20 hp (15 kW), for a top speed of 40–45 mph (64–72 km/h)"

Cache Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
.... The ground clearance is 5.75″ — similar to most of the passenger vehicles you see on the road today.....
Here is a video where PE says the clearance is like a Mustang but higher than a Corvette.
It is stated at 4:20 (time) on the video (this is not the height).

Last edited:

Jambe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hope it is more than that in front of the tires. Many curbs are 6 to 6-1/4".

(Going on vacation tomorrow. Will only be here infrequently.)

Top Bottom