• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Balloons In The Air / Unanswered Questions

AJ Maxey

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No. Paul said that those were just for testing. The truth is probably more like "We weren't sure how much shock we'd need so we used these adjustable ones."
As far as expense, my Murray 12 speed bike had an adjustable rear shock and that bike was only about $80.
Haha well those are literally a spring over a strut with not gas or liquid. True coilovers are tuned and expensive. I've heard that the prototypes will only be equipped with those and the production models will have cheaper fixed struts tuned as necessary.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Haha well those are literally a spring over a strut with not gas or liquid. True coilovers are tuned and expensive. I've heard that the prototypes will only be equipped with those and the production models will have cheaper fixed struts tuned as necessary.
Close, I was just at the tour event in Portland and asked about the shocks.
From the assembly line it will have just a standard "medium ride" shock on it. The adjustable shocks will be an Elio option. You can buy it installed on your original build, or go back later and have them changed over.

Cache Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Top Bottom