• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Balloons In The Air / Unanswered Questions

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have wondered if the marshaling company owns or just operates the marshaling centers. Also, who owns the transports or will they be contracted. These are some of the many things Elio Motors has to deal with. People who complain do not realize how much work has to be done and on a shoestring budget at that.

AMEN

Reactions: Ekh

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
It was mentioned by the Elio people (I think by Paul Elio himself) of having a temporary bar attached across the back of the Elio with two small wheels on each end of the bar. This bar would be easily removable. Of course, these would have to be returned to Schreveport after transportation is done.

With this large volume of vehicles planned, the marshaling company may have their own transports that are modified by having a center ramp welded in place (between the outer two ramps) in order to hold the rear wheel.

I have wondered if the marshaling company owns or just operates the marshaling centers. Also, who owns the transports or will they be contracted. These are some of the many things Elio Motors has to deal with. People who complain do not realize how much work has to be done and on a shoestring budget at that.
Pistonboy I answered your question about transport in post #28. That information came from EM.

AJ Maxey

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It was mentioned by the Elio people (I think by Paul Elio himself) of having a temporary bar attached across the back of the Elio with two small wheels on each end of the bar. This bar would be easily removable. Of course, these would have to be returned to Schreveport after transportation is done.

With this large volume of vehicles planned, the marshaling company may have their own transports that are modified by having a center ramp welded in place (between the outer two ramps) in order to hold the rear wheel.

I heard that EM would have these available for service centers (tire places, oil & lube, etc.) when they need to roll an Elio up on a lift, not for transportation.

Cache Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks. Here they are.
1) Will fleet deliveries occur between reservationist deliveries and opening of the stores? If so, how many fleet deliveries are expected.
2) Will a back up camera be available without Skyz?
3) Will remote lock/unlock be available without Skyz?

Enjoy the trip.
Jerome told me that the fleet reservations are included in the grand number. I would think they would be issued a number just like the $1000 All In folks. I'm not sure I want Skyz and it sounds like you feel the same.

With all the added stuff it reminds me of seeing a kid going down the road in a car with fancy wheels, lowered suspension, and booming stereo all attached to a beat up piece of crap rust bucket car sputtering with a noise making muffler. All acting cool with shades.:cool: I think I saw parts rattle off!!

I rather have a good car without the "stuff". My modified '68 Firebird didn't need a noise maker to sound high performance and fast. It just was and could prove it!

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
But yea I would love to see an answer about the Elgin dash. That's honestly the only thing I dislike about the Elio.

when it comes to the Elgin, there is no question .... Paul has let it be known that it will be the only OEM dash offered .... agree with it being the only thing about the Elio that I really dislike

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Try it we might like before making final judgement. All we have seen are photos. The installed working Elgin might be awesome. With that said all I've seen are Elio photos and need to test drive the entire package.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Jerome told me that the fleet reservations are included in the grand number. I would think they would be issued a number just like the $1000 All In folks. I'm not sure I want Skyz and it sounds like you feel the same.

With all the added stuff it reminds me of seeing a kid going down the road in a car with fancy wheels, lowered suspension, and booming stereo all attached to a beat up piece of crap rust bucket car sputtering with a noise making muffler. All acting cool with shades.:cool: I think I saw parts rattle off!!

I rather have a good car without the "stuff". My modified '68 Firebird didn't need a noise maker to sound high performance and fast. It just was and could prove it!
This is very interesting. So what Jerome is saying then, is that the 44,000 reservation number is including fleet reservations. This is new to me and thanks for the information. I have heard on this forum that online reservation will still be taken until the stores open. I guess they are expecting online orders (individuals and fleet) to take up the remaining 125,000 vehicles until the stores open up. Paul Elio is counting on this vehicle really taking off! Is this high stakes gambling?

Reactions: Ekh
Top Bottom