• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Anyone Interested In Buying Out My Reservation?

Tre'

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So this is a cut and paste from the 'Agreement'. There may be a way to do it. I wrote a specific question to them so hope to hear back as I was interested in purchasing (probably) a few earlier places in line if they were up for sale.

"This Agreement is not transferable or assignable to another party without the prior written approval of an Elio authorized representative."

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I guess I am surprised that you can not sell the spot and have the number go to the person purchasing it. The bonus I can understand not going with it a bit more but as long as the order is not set in stone it should be fairly easy to insert another name in. T-shirt and sticker would be lost too. Interesting. I would be curious as to why it can not be transferred. Could be as simple as 'more complications are not needed'.

So this is a cut and paste from the 'Agreement'. There may be a way to do it. I wrote a specific question to them so hope to hear back as I was interested in purchasing (probably) a few earlier places in line if they were up for sale.

"This Agreement is not transferable or assignable to another party without the prior written approval of an Elio authorized representative."

The current general exception for transferring without the bonus and number also transferring is to allow for reservations holder to recoup their money but does not allow for a profit to be made. I am sure they will make full exceptions for rare events, such as if a reservation holder passes away.

I believe the reasoning behind not allowing the transfer of numbers and bonuses is to avoid speculative reservations where people make several reservations as an investment hoping to make a profit but would also be willing to walk away if that did not happen. EM needs buyers in the queue not speculators. We all know that once the first model year is sold out and it is apparent that these vehicles are actually going to be produced many people will have to wait to buy one and there will be quite a number of offers out there to jump in line. However the only way to make money on this under the current system is to actually buy the vehicle and flip it. EM can not do anything to stop you from doing this however at least you have to buy the vehicle from them first.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would like to live in a world that when you purchase something it's yours, NO STRINGS ATTACHED.
There is TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much control over what one does these days.
Not a problem. Once you buy it, it is yours. Elio no longer has any control and you can do what you want with it.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
And you accepted the conditions specified in the "purchase agreement" when you bought that ticket. If you didn't like the conditions, why would you purchase one?

life changes .... I suspect it wasn't bought with selling it in mind .... rather it was bought in the hope of getting an Elio as soon as possible

Jim

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When we made our reservation, we ask about the death of the reservation holder. We were told that the reservation MAY be transferable to surviving spouse but would not be considered a part of ones estate. Meaning if we both died before delivery it could not be transferred to our surviving heirs.

Curious; did you get that in writing or just over the email or phone?
I think Matlock would win the case if he was still alive. lol

Top Bottom