• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Anyone Interested In Buying Out My Reservation?

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's OK, Z. I have seen his picture. He's one of the "good guys" :confused: :p
If you mean the avatar, forget it. That face would scare a saint half to death. I still say it is a good idea to verify with EM that this is on the up and up. But then you all know I am very biased and my opinion is not at all humble. :-) Z

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
It's a fair point though.
If, someone has a reservation at #1000 and they're allowed to transfer it to someone else with the condition that the new reservation holder is at the back of the line - then nobody now has reservation #1000.
If they were dead set on a 1:1 place-in-the-assembly-line setup, it would have to push everyone back.

I'm sure they won't do that, but it does imply that the numbers aren't exactly correct.

This does make sense for Elio to do it that way though, a selling of your $1k all-in means the new owner gets the next place in line (five-digit number). If you allowed the new owner to keep the previous place-in-line number, there would be more folks selling their place-in-line for big profit as the production start draws near. JMO.

Fluxhappens

Elio Fan
Reaction score
What I am offering is totally legit, here is the email I got from someone at Elio:

Don Harris (Elio Motors)

Sep 15 06:07

Neal, you can request to transfer a reservation in writing. However the position does not transfer it will revert to the next available number.
Regards,
don

Tre'

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I guess I am surprised that you can not sell the spot and have the number go to the person purchasing it. The bonus I can understand not going with it a bit more but as long as the order is not set in stone it should be fairly easy to insert another name in. T-shirt and sticker would be lost too. Interesting. I would be curious as to why it can not be transferred. Could be as simple as 'more complications are not needed'.

Top Bottom