• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Anti-theft Measures?

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I seriously doubt that theft will be much of a problem, at least until there are thousands of them out on the road. New they won't have anything of value to the mass public, as their parts will not fit on any of the cars currently on the road. Even off the shelf parts won't work unless they know what those parts will work on. Vandalism may be a totally different story.
When I'm rolling I carry a Judge, when at home the S&W 500 would change their mind.
Presentation of a hand cannon would be a mind changer. Would light up the sky.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The ultimate anti-theft measure:
image.jpg

Although 'Buddy' does require care and maintenance.

Keith Stone

Elio Addict
Reaction score
[Broken External Image]
Locks usually only keep honest people out, but that gun in your profile will stop every thief in there step if you park it in garage and a thief tries to steal it and goes to attack, well that is plenty of weapon in your profile pic...

Keith Stone

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When I'm rolling I carry a Judge, when at home the S&W 500 would change their mind.
Presentation of a hand cannon would be a mind changer. Would light up the sky.
Nice weapon supply!! I also have a judge with crimson grip and it doubles my .45 lc range when dark dawn or dusk! , but nothing scares a thief more than the sound of a pump good ol fashion shotgun!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wait a minute....................with the keen interest in weapons maybe there is potential for yet another Elio aftermarket package option:
image.jpg

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Of course there's no real defense against a determined thief but a good insurance policy. If someone wants it badly enough, given a little forethought they can hook up your Elio and drag it away. But I don't see an Elio as a high-priority target for thieves - it's more likely to attract curious onlookers - especially in the first year or so of production. To prevent a break-in it's never wise to have attractive property, like smartphones, GPS devices, laptops, tablets, or anything easily sold on the black market on display inside your car. I imagine most of the people seeing your Elio in a parking lot are just going to be curious . . . and leave nothing more than fingerprints.

Note to self: reconsider that flat black paint.

Top Bottom