• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Additional Options?

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
hope you will post pictures .... as to crossing the border or even coming close :nono: .... that's not for me

Like most things it depends on if you know what you're doing and, in this case, where you're going....

I don't go there just for body work, but also for dental care. Actually my dentist is in the town of Progresso. I park on the U.S. side, walk across the bridge and I'm at the dentist office. He is literally "at the border". From his court yard you could throw a rock into the Rio Grand. But instead of throwing rocks in the river while I wait I have a drink at the bar and listen to the live band. Can't find that at a U.S. dentist. And first class work at about a third the price. :D

Last edited:

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Like most things it depends on if you know what you're doing and, in this case, where you're going....

I don't go there just for body work, but also for dental care. Actually my dentist is in the town of Progresso. I park on the U.S. side, walk across the bridge and I'm at the dentist office. He is literally "at the border". From his court yard you could throw a rock into the Rio Grand. But instead of throwing rocks in the river while I wait I have a drink at the bar and listen to the live band. Can't find that at a U.S. dentist. And first class work at about a third the price. :D
I have a retired friend in Palm Springs who goes on a bus full of older people going to Mexico for dental, medical, and vision care. This is very common. The health care people there are set up specifically for American patients. The funny thing is, the receptionists speaks better English than receptionists on the American side.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The "black thing" on the back of the Elio will have a hinged door to give access to the rear tire for changing it. I do not see such a provision on the "stylish thing". If they offer this, they will have to do some engineering to provide this access and it will not look the same,

These early P types may be like concept vehicles where many things are not practical nor functional, but they do show the "concept".

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The "black thing" on the back of the Elio will have a hinged door to give access to the rear tire for changing it. I do not see such a provision on the "stylish thing". If they offer this, they will have to do some engineering to provide this access and it will not look the same,

These early P types may be like concept vehicles where many things are not practical nor functional, but they do show the "concept".

I had wondered about changing the tire....

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Paul Elio has referred to the light on the visor as a "puddle light". The light on the back of the visor is also referred as such at:
http://www.eliomotors.com/features/#customization
This was a new term to me so I did a google search for images and puddle lights are exterior lights that shine on the ground. A google image search of the term "vanity light automotive" show the lights on the back of the visor.
Someone at EM got the terms mixed up.

Cache Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Paul Elio has referred to the light on the visor as a "puddle light". The light on the back of the visor is also referred as such at:
http://www.eliomotors.com/features/#customization
This was a new term to me so I did a google search for images and puddle lights are exterior lights that shine on the ground. A google image search of the term "vanity light automotive" show the lights on the back of the visor.
Someone at EM got the terms mixed up.
I think PE is referring to the shape and location of the light rather than the designation of one or the other. It appears to be a light only and I cannot see a mirror as a "vanity". Just my guess.
[Broken External Image]

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A vehicle like the Elio just lends its self to customization; that where the low price really plays in, you have a low enough starting point that you can personalize it any way you like and not be in over your head with minimal changes.

I'm even going to go a step further and build a part I can sell for the Elio.

Dibs on the rear window hatch cover.

Top Bottom