• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Additional Options?

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would like to have diagonal shocks more than anything. I believe the diagonally placed coil over shocks is the best looking feature of the vehicle closely followed by the open fenders. I have heard open fenders are and option. I have heard coil over shocks are an option. But I have not heard diagonal placement of the shocks is an option. Is this an option? What would it take to have them. I sent an email suggesting they build the vehicle so diagonal placement can be done without too much trouble. Good gas mileage helps to sell vehicles, but good styling sells even more. If people like something, they will rationalize some excuse to have it.

elio-motors_elio_14_03.jpg

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd much rather have them inboard; it works better and gives it a much cleaner look and presentation to the air.
That's why F1 does inboard shocks and torsion bar suspension; like this (don't mind the Italian)

I'd even go a step further and put the brakes inboard right off the transaxle; less unsprung weight.

Top Bottom