• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2015 - 16 Nfl Fan Talk Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Falcons are 4-0, too. I'm realistic enough to know that's because we haven't played anyone...
Next games?
2-2 Redskins
1-3 Saints
1-2 Titans
1-3 Bucaneers
1-3 49ers

So, it IS possible that Atlanta could look great via Stats and wins without ever playing a winning team.

They then have a bye and then play:
Colts, Vikings (!), Buccaneers, Panthers, Jaguars, Panthers, Saints

The Panthers are another team who hasn't played anyone good yet.

Well, it IS a screwy season.

Last edited:

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Calvin's are 4-0, too. I'm realistic enough to know that's because we haven't played anyone...
Next games?
2-2 Redskins
1-3 Saints
1-2 Titans
1-3 Bucaneers
1-3 49ers

So, it IS possible that Atlanta could look great via Stats and wins without ever playing a winning team.

They then have a bye and then play:
Colts, Vikings (!), Buccaneers, Panthers, Jaguars, Panthers, Saints

The Panthers are another team who hasn't played anyone good yet.

Well, it IS a screwy season.

We'll see if that division is better overall this year than last year. It's hard to tell, you can say the Panthers and Falcons are 4-0 so that division is better this year, but like you said, neither team has played anyone yet. Those 2 games in 3 weeks between Atl and Car will decide the division title most likely.

How 'bout them Falcons!!!

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We'll see if that division is better overall this year than last year. It's hard to tell, you can say the Panthers and Falcons are 4-0 so that division is better this year, but like you said, neither team has played anyone yet. Those 2 games in 3 weeks between Atl and Car will decide the division title most likely.

How 'bout them Falcons!!!
Yeah... The stats may say they are doing well but the reality is different. Hey, the cowboys and Falcons were both undefeated when the Falcons beat them. So, that's something.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sundays games:

KC 21, Cin 36 - KC got FGs, Cincy got TDs. KC can't protect their QB, Cincy can. Alex Smith may be broke in half by week 8, Andy Dalton will be healthy as a horse. Stat-wise, Smith & Charles & Maclin had excellent numbers. The stats overall show equality and in some cases KC was better, but in this case, it was as simple as FGs vs. TDs and protecting (or not) the QB. The KC defense has allowed 31+ pts per game this season. Good lord. NEXT game please...

GB 17, SF 3 - SF lost turnover battle 1-0, but their defense did a pretty good job against Aaron Rodgers, sacked him 3 times. SF offense was 4-13 on 3rd down, Kaepernick was sacked 6 times, GB offense converted both 4th down tries, and almost doubled the yds gained overall of SF. GB ran the ball for a buck 62, as Eddie Lacy ran for 90 yds.

NYJ 27, Mia 14 (in London) - I forgot this game was on early Sunday morning, it ran over the first few minutes of the early games here in America. Tannehill had a bad game for Mia, under 200 yds passing, 2 INTs. Jets rushed for 200+ yds, Chris Ivory had a fantastic day and ran for 162. I guess you lose if you pass for less yds than your opponent's rushing yds! Mia lost in turnovers 2-1, and was 0-12 on third down. Yikes. Suh's arrival in Miami has not been benefish-uhl for them. See what I did there??

Jax 13, Ind 16 - A big surprise here. Hasselbeck in for a hurt Luck, and his numbers were really good, 30-47 for 282 and 1 TD. Game went into OT. Jax led for most of the game. Jax ran the ball very well, Indy did not. It's really looking like the Colts just are not that good this year. Indy lost in turnovers 2-0, that helped the Jaguars cause. Jax lost in penalties big time, 13 for them and 4 for Indy. It's looking like 9-7 may win the AFC South this year, Indy at 2-2, Ten & Hou and Jax all under .500.

Phi 20, Was 23 - Another surprise result, but as always in the NFL, beware the home-division-opponent-underdog. Bradford had his best game yet for Philly, 270 yds and 3 TD, but Cousins had a good game too for Was. Bradford was sacked 5 times, Cousins only once. I saw that this was Cousins' 3rd career start when he did not throw an INT, that always helps the team's cause. Phi made a nice comeback in the 2nd half, but Cousins led the 'Skins down the field in the final 2 min to get the winning score. Jamison Crowder (who?) and Pierre Garcon had 7 receptions each. Once gain, Eagles can't run the ball well, only 73 yds from their RBs.

Oak 20, Chi 22 - I didn't realize Cutler was going to play in this one. He had a decent game, but his was better than Carr for Oak. They both had 2 TDs and 1 INT, but Cutler threw for 85 more yds. Forte ran the ball for 91 yds, nicely done. 64 yds of receiving too, so he's still the workhorse for Chi. This was a great back-and-forth game. Chi gets its first win of the year.

NYG 24, Buf 10 - Oh Rex, where ART thou? Giants had 11 penalties. Sounds like a lot, right? Bills had 17. And experience tells us, there had to be some penalties that NYG decided to decline. LOL! I would think similar to the 3 turnover rule, if you have 12 or more penalties in a game, you are losing 75% of the time. Stats were fairly even otherwise, except Buf lost in turnovers 2-1.

Car 37, TB 23 - Game was not as close as the final score. It was 31-10 halfway thru the 3rd qtr. Winston threw 4 INTs, and TB lost the turnover battle 5-1. Bucs were good on 3rd down, 8-16, and Panthers only threw for 111 yds total, all other stats were even. Car did get a pick-6.

Hou 21, Atl 48 - Falcons crushed the Texans. It was 42-0 at the end of the 3rd qtr. Once again, the Texans used 2 QBs, and until they get decent production from the one that starts, they will continue to lose the game. Matty Ice was solid at QB, and the Falcons ran the ball very well. For Hou, the 2-headed defensive monster of Clowney and Watt just isn't that amazing or scary.

Cle 27, SD 30 - A good and competitive game, Cle hung in there. Great QB play from both Josh McCown and Rivers. Cle lost in turnovers 1-0, and lost in penalties 12-6.

StL 24, AZ 22 - Coach Jeff Fisher and the Rams do this on occasion, coming from nowhere to win an upset. This was a division game on the road too, so for now, this keeps AZ from being alone in the division lead at the 1/4 point of the season, and allows the Rams to be in the division race, as they are the only division team to be undefeated in NFC West division games so far. Foles won the QB battle with Palmer, and the Rams o-line protected Foles better than the AZ line protected Palmer. The Rams d-line is very good. Rams ran the ball for a buck 64, were better on 3rd down, and AZ lost the turnover battle 3-0.

Min 20, Den 23 - Vikings put up a nice comeback in the 4th, alas, Peyton Manning plays for the Broncos. He drove them down the field late in the game, got a FG, and then the Den defense got a fumble to wrap it up. Manning's numbers were not good, 1 TD and 2 INT, but Den's defense sacked Bridgewater SEVEN times. Both teams ran the ball well, the other stats were pretty even, except that Den lost in turnovers 2-1.

Dal 20, NO 26 - The Saints get a win in OT, despite their kicker missing a 30-yd FG at the end of regulation, doinked it off the left upright. Saints were trying to end a 6-game home losing streak, and they just about made it 7. Brees played very well through his shoulder injury, and Weeden played pretty good too for Dallas. No turnovers in the game, penalties were fairly even, sacks were even at 3, but NO threw for 115 more yds. The NFC East is now wide open, and again a 9-7 record here might win it. Dal, Was and NYG are 2-2, and the Eags are 1-3.

Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Great report Jeff, Thank you.
I find myself waiting for these reports because they are so good.

Breaking news; Dolphins fire their head coach today, they have an interim HC that was on staff (the name escapes me at the moment).
Depending on how he does will determine if he gets to keep the job or not.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Great report Jeff, Thank you.
I find myself waiting for these reports because they are so good.

Breaking news; Dolphins fire their head coach today, they have an interim HC that was on staff (the name escapes me at the moment).
Depending on how he does will determine if he gets to keep the job or not.

Nice of you to say, Coss! Appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom