• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Wtf!?! Oh Yeah! It's On!

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
No problem. I've got some 28ga galvanized left over from when I installed my new furnace and A/C, and all the tools necessary to make them. I like the design! Would look much better than what I had in mind with the hardware cloth. Thanks for the idea/link! :) Pics when completed [raining for the nest few days].

any Pics available ? .... just curious, any update on the body count ??

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
any Pics available ? .... just curious, any update on the body count ??

Body count's at three, but it seems squirrels from outside the general area move into the newly vacated territory.

Anyway...The 28ga duct material has evolved into something a bit more squirrel-proof. Going with automotive exhaust pipe couplings (cheap) with holes drilled in the wall (Vari-bits work great for this), and 16ga steel caps welded to the top. Got a quick CAD rendering of the smaller (2") of the vent stack cover, which I'll just weld a 2" dia. washer to the top rather than cutting one out of sheet metal (lazy). Contemplating throwing a layer of 1/8" hardware cloth around the inside to keep out the Mud Dobber wasps as well. The gray part represents the PVC vent stack.

Vent guard.jpg

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I was wondering what you planned for the holes; when I first saw it I pictured a squirrel putting nuts through the holes and watching them fall like a pachinko machine. That or a flash suppressor for a rifle
Iron_Eagle_Tactical_Talon_105a_03.JPG

I was going to ask if you had planned on shooting at aliens over the house of something. :D

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was wondering what you planned for the holes; when I first saw it I pictured a squirrel putting nuts through the holes and watching them fall like a pachinko machine. That or a flash suppressor for a rifle
Iron_Eagle_Tactical_Talon_105a_03.JPG

I was going to ask if you had planned on shooting at aliens over the house of something. :D

Well, the squirrel's 'ammo' [black walnut] is around 1 1/2" in dia., same size as the I.D. of my kitchen sink vent stack, and the holes in the squirrel vent guard/UFO flask suppressor is 3/4". Should work...unless the aliens are smaller than I calculated! :alien: [been dying for a reason to use that smilie!] :D

Top Bottom