• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Wtf!?! Oh Yeah! It's On!

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Got home after a long day at work yesterday, wife tells me the kitchen sink is backed up. Went to the store and got a jug of Liquid Plumber, dumped it in and let it sit overnight. Still clogged when I woke up. No problem, I'll swing by Lowe's on the way home and pick up a 25' sink snake. Ran the snake until it went all the way to the main vent stack...not draining. WTF?!o_O Didn't seem possible, but I was running out of feasible causes for it not draining. So I got up on the roof with a flashlight and looked down the vent connected to the kitchen sink...Holy Sh*t!! :eek: It's filled to the top with black walnuts!! Got out as many as I could, but it's apparently chocked full! This is going to be a messy job for sure. It's on an exterior wall, so it looks like the siding's coming down to get to it. The neighborhood squirrels have just made the 'hit list':mad:, and I've got just the thing to take care of them (JEBar knows). Bad enough they take one bite out of every vegetable growing in the garden, but now it's going to cost me time and money. Just what I wanted to do this weekend!

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Got home after a long day at work yesterday, wife tells me the kitchen sink is backed up. Went to the store and got a jug of Liquid Plumber, dumped it in and let it sit overnight. Still clogged when I woke up. No problem, I'll swing by Lowe's on the way home and pick up a 25' sink snake. Ran the snake until it went all the way to the main vent stack...not draining. WTF?!o_O Didn't seem possible, but I was running out of feasible causes for it not draining. So I got up on the roof with a flashlight and looked down the vent connected to the kitchen sink...Holy Sh*t!! :eek: It's filled to the top with black walnuts!! Got out as many as I could, but it's apparently chocked full! This is going to be a messy job for sure. It's on an exterior wall, so it looks like the siding's coming down to get to it. The neighborhood squirrels have just made the 'hit list':mad:, and I've got just the thing to take care of them (JEBar knows). Bad enough they take one bite out of every vegetable growing in the garden, but now it's going to cost me time and money. Just what I wanted to do this weekend!
Just a thought, but could you duct tape a piece of pvp pipe to a shop vac hose to suck the nuts out?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Just a thought, but could you duct tape a piece of pvp pipe to a shop vac hose to suck the nuts out?
What a great idea! ;) Wish I would have thought of something like that when I had a problem with blockage in a vent pipe.
The material filling mine was different; a few hundred wasps and multiple nests :eek: I was wondering why I kept getting wasps in the house; they were coming out of the laundry room.

Reaction score
Wow. I wouldn't have thought of that. Last week I had about 15 hens and my rooster killed from one of my chicken coops. These girls were free to free range in the large pasture. It was horror to find them. Most carried off. I guessed it was raccoon again. I set traps, like I always do. Caught nothing. Hubby checked and reset them two mornings in a row. Still nothing. Neighbor visited today, to buy eggs and told me she has been seeing FOX !!! I don't have traps that big. I am in deep trouble and so sad.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The neighborhood squirrels have just made the 'hit list':mad:, and I've got just the thing to take care of them (JEBar knows). Bad enough they take one bite out of every vegetable growing in the garden, but now it's going to cost me time and money. Just what I wanted to do this weekend!

those bushy tailed rodents have no clue just how much trouble is coming their way ..:confused:.. knowing only a couple of your friends, my bet is you could get all of the help you can use in dealing with the critters .. :)

Last edited:

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What a great idea! ;) Wish I would have thought of something like that when I had a problem with blockage in a vent pipe.
The material filling mine was different; a few hundred wasps and multiple nests :eek: I was wondering why I kept getting wasps in the house; they were coming out of the laundry room.
For your problem, I would have tried putting some mothballs in the vent sealed the pipe in the house for a day or so, to see if they left, then if that didn't work, try blasting them out with compressed air from a compressor tank from in the house. Then last, wasp spray, and run like hell.

Truett Collins

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Time for fried squirrel.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Exactly what I did, but when I got about 7' down I hit a fairly solid mass. Can't see what it is, but pretty certain it's more of the same...but compacted.:( Finished basement too. Going to be tearing out some drywall.

those bushy tailed rodents have no clue just how much trouble is coming their way ..:confused:.. knowing only a couple of your friends, my bet is you could get all of the help you can use in dealing with the critters .. :)

Got that right, Jim! :cool:

Time for fried squirrel.

Wife's a country girl, and has a wicked-good squirrel and dumplings recipe, but fried sounds good too. Now to figure out which wine goes good with 'tree rat'.:rolleyes:

Truett Collins

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Exactly what I did, but when I got about 7' down I hit a fairly solid mass. Can't see what it is, but pretty certain it's more of the same...but compacted.:( Finished basement too. Going to be tearing out some drywall.

Got that right, Jim! :cool:

Wife's a country girl, and has a wicked-good squirrel and dumplings recipe, but fried sounds good too. Now to figure out which wine goes good with 'tree rat'.:rolleyes:
Moon Shine.....

Top Bottom