• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Wrap Vs Paint

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am curious too... I might be interested in a wrap if I could have some guarentee that it would last at least 10 years before it starts to fade or peel.... and then I would like to know what it looks like upon failure due to time. will i have peeling wrap all over the car so it becomes ugly as heck?
Wraps are good for 3 to 5 years max. I've been looking into it a bit. A lot depends on the cleanliness of the substrate (car finish), quality of the wrap material, and skill of the applicator. They're good for people who want non-standard graphics or colors, and especially good for businesses that lease cars -- wrap 'em, then at the end of the lease peel the wrap and away they go.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Wraps are good for 3 to 5 years max. I've been looking into it a bit. A lot depends on the cleanliness of the substrate (car finish), quality of the wrap material, and skill of the applicator. They're good for people who want non-standard graphics or colors, and especially good for businesses that lease cars -- wrap 'em, then at the end of the lease peel the wrap and away they go.
That was for the people that were paying outrageous fees to have a vehicle airbrushed only to have a company that they were advertising may or may not last; along with that, they would do simpler graphics, like just the company name and info.
With the wrap, the entire vehicle became a rolling billboard.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Why not, it's a part of the American make up; if we didn't have slang, a lot of people wouldn't know how to communicate :becky:

And that's as close to politics as this needs to go.
The notion that you need a special new portmanteau word for every event or circumstance that comes along -- such as "Brexit" -- is nonsense. I'm convinced that most of these words are made up by individuals who are trying to be clever and get themselves extra press coverage of one sort or another, especially on social media.

A portmanteau word (a term coined by Lewis Carroll) means a new word comprised of parts of two or more other words. The correct place for such words in his opinion was definitely in Wonderland, where they added to the general nuttiness of the environment. Unfortunately, his genius has not traveled well.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The notion that you need a special new portmanteau word for every event or circumstance that comes along -- such as "Brexit" -- is nonsense. I'm convinced that most of these words are made up by individuals who are trying to be clever and get themselves extra press coverage of one sort or another, especially on social media.

A portmanteau word (a term coined by Lewis Carroll) means a new word comprised of parts of two or more other words. The correct place for such words in his opinion was definitely in Wonderland, where they added to the general nuttiness of the environment. Unfortunately, his genius has not traveled well.

I reject your wordsage (word+usage) and ownplace it (own + replace).

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if EM would consider doing a "Dazzle" pattern vinyl :p

"Which way is it going?"
1417729_537468716336813_243128434_o-1.jpg

Top Bottom