• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Wheel Fenders, Fairings, Skirts, Covers

Chaz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wonder how cheap replacements will be. It might be nice to have another set in a different color so you could change them out when you feel like it. If they are cheap enough I would not bother trying to enhance them just replace them.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I wonder how cheap replacements will be. It might be nice to have another set in a different color so you could change them out when you feel like it. If they are cheap enough I would not bother trying to enhance them just replace them.

point well taken and most certainly worth investigating

Jim

genebee

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
point well taken and most certainly worth investigating

Jim
As soon as I get mine home, you can have my rocket silver wheel fairings for half price, as well as wheels and tires.
unless of coarse they are a "no cost option", which I doubt. GB

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
As soon as I get mine home, you can have my rocket silver wheel fairings for half price, as well as wheels and tires.
unless of coarse they are a "no cost option", which I doubt. GB

offer appreciated .... if you don't plan to keep them, it might be cheaper to order the OEM standard black ones .... I have no doubt there would be plenty of folks interested in both the tires/rims and the fender skirts

Jim

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
offer appreciated .... if you don't plan to keep them, it might be cheaper to order the OEM standard black ones .... I have no doubt there would be plenty of folks interested in both the tires/rims and the fender skirts

Jim

I can see the need for a WTB/For Sale catagory on the forum in about a year from now! I'll buy a pair off someone that doesn't like them just to experiment with. :cool:

HHH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Now that you mention it Z, I do remember seeing some top-view drawings of various shapes somewhere on one of the Elio sites, but I still can't see how they're getting a laminar flow with a squared off rear...in my mind, tear drop/airfoil shape would be the best. That's why I queried Snick about the venting (I'm assuming that's what he was talking about) the rear fairing, reducing the low pressure (suction if you will) back there.

Perhaps you are looking to see something like this bike used in the Netherlands by the European Sperm Bank.:D
Bullitt Sperm Bike.jpg

Top Bottom