• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is The Status Of The Atvm Loan?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
We all know the Elio has potential to be a three wheel masterpiece after the engineering specs are finalized, E's built and tested, tweaked, and reveal of the production Elio.

What I didn't know was that Elio Motors was an independent electric car maker.

View attachment 11188

I prefer to read actual test driver reviews, which have been less than positive. We call the auto critics hacks or Elio haters if their reviews are less than favorable. If we don't think the auto industry critics are credible, I propose we solicit EM to allow 2 of our Elio Forum members and reservation holders to test drive and write a review of their Elio performance and handling experiences. Coss and Ekh would be excellent candidates for the first EM invitational reservationist Elio ride, drive, and review event.
So that's what the E stands for in the E-Series Elio's; it's not Engineering, it's ...<gasp> ...... ELECTRIC!!
And my goodness, the Elio Electrics are half the cost of any other Electric Only Cars!

They must be working with Elon Tusk!!

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So that's what the E stands for in the E-Series Elio's; it's not Engineering, it's ...<gasp> ...... ELECTRIC!!
And my goodness, the Elio Electrics are half the cost of any other Electric Only Cars!

ugh2.jpg

"Elio Motors is starting to worry"

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I happen to respect the Tuckster. ;) I've said it before, I think from a marketing and ATVM loan approval perspective, EM should have been or should be developing an ICElio/$7300 and an EVElio/$11,300 in tandem........same but fewer parts with the e-drive train..........efficient way to capture both markets.

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't think EM would have made it this far if they had to design two new powertrains instead of just one. The added development costs could have sunk them early on and even if they did survive until now, there would need to be compromises made that would make hitting the $6800 price and 84mpg targets considerably more difficult.

I'm glad they focused on just one version and that they chose a traditional ICE for the first model. I think a changeover is inevitable, but at this point, the market for electric vehicles is still unproven. Why gamble on that when you know gas powered cars are accepted and an EV design would hurt the percieved affordability.

Last edited:

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't think EM would have made it this far if they had to design two new powertrains instead of just one. The added development costs could have sunk them early on and even if they did survive until now, there would need to be compromises made that would make hitting the $6800 price and 84mpg targets considerably more difficult.
Agreed. Paul was and is on the right road, taking ELIO where it needs to go to be a success. I listened to him carefully before placing my bet for success.
The phrase KISS, "Keep It Simple Stupid" comes to mind. Brilliant!

Last edited:

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Ian442

Elio Addict
Reaction score

And I went here...
:D

Top Bottom