• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Thoughts On A Cold Day

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I feel you neighbor's pain. Mine's only a Supercab with an 8' bed. It sits out front, and parking lots are a real pain. I don't even want to talk about U-turns. :confused:

notellin 080.JPG

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I feel you neighbor's pain. Mine's only a Supercab with an 8' bed. It sits out front, and parking lots are a real pain. I don't even want to talk about U-turns. :confused:

View attachment 4651
I'm going to catch hell for this from the Chevord crowd, but my quad cab 8' bed Dodge, while it will fit in my 32' long garage, lol, it also out turns most 6' bed brand X models.
DSCN0727.JPG

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This was my diesel powered trailer hauling work beast for a while. You could haul a house with this thing but you also might as well be driving an RV as there was no such thing as a tight turn behind the wheel of this thing.

View attachment 4656

What did you haul in that trailer, or, was that the house you referred to? :D

Edward

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It turns out there's hardly anywhere you can park one of those mile-long beasts properly - it's just as "too long" for a grocery store parking space, curbside slot, or commercial parking garage as it was for his home garage.
I can feel his pain. My work truck is 15' long. Old one was closer to 20. When I parked that one in my driveway, I got the trailer hitch about a foot away from the garage and the front bumper was in the sidewalk!

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
What did you haul in that trailer, or, was that the house you referred to? :D

There is nothing wrong with a house on wheels. :eek::D

But seriously, up until recently I had a business which designed mobile solar power solutions and needed the rig to haul them around for events and make deliveries to customers. We could mount a multi kW solar panel array to the roof of the trailer and use the interior for the electrical equipment and battery banks which could easily weigh several thousand pounds. I got out of the business as more companies entered the market and drove prices down to the point that I could not really make money.:(

solar power trailer.jpg

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The best part about these rigs is that they may be expensive but the resale value is also very good. :)

For me resale is not an option, My Dodge now has 250K on it and there's no way I can afford to replace it. I'm going to have to drive it until I can no longer sweep up enough parts off the street to fix it. :(

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For me resale is not an option, My Dodge now has 250K on it and there's no way I can afford to replace it. I'm going to have to drive it until I can no longer sweep up enough parts off the street to fix it. :(

250K is just barely broken in on a PowerStroke diesel.:) Unfortunately, the body will rust of the frame before the engine ever wears out.:(

Top Bottom