• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Thoughts On A Cold Day

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Classic!
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROv253BYnLyxNdlnPT5GWepXa9ls2Gm1529pl6atRvwA3qED1K.jpg

wheaters

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We had snow yesterday, more today. Wet, horrible stuff, the stuff which allows little or no road grip because it's so wet. Yet it sticks like something nasty to a blanket. Many schools in the area were closed, so was Manchester airport, at least until lunchtime. .
I had to cancel my flight for yesterday, too risky to do what we needed. My BMW stayed parked. I had no plans to drive at all today until my son phoned at 07:30 to ask my advice about him attempting to get to work. He also has a BMW Coupe and recently (December 26th, actually) had it strand itself like a beached whale and couldn't get home. 255 section rear tires aren't good in snow!

I decided to clear the snow off the little Suzuki Swift (G10 engine, as per the Elio P3 & P4) and told him to stay put until I got there. I picked him up and drove him to work. Picked him up this evening and took him home again. The little Suzuki just drove happily through the snow on its skinny little 155/70/13 profile tires, where other vehicles struggled. Not much power to cause wheelspin, and very sure footed like a little mountain goat.

The Elio should be just as good in the snow. :cool:.

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
we've also noticed that the garages on recently built homes seem smaller .... in a way I can understand it because of the size of the cars on the market today .... there just aren't any Buick Electra 225's or (traditional) Lincoln Continentals rolling off the lines today
I had a townhome on Houston's tony westside some years ago and I'd purchased a 3/4 ton, 4X4 Suburban to tow our boat. I hadn't even thought about it - but I was lucky that the 'burb fit in the garage, although it required fitting 2X6's across the front wall to act as a bumper cushion. The overhead door would barely close behind it.

Then my neighbor, admiring my fire-engine red Suburban, decided to buy one of his own. At the dealership, he changed his order on impulse, wanting to explore his cowboy heritage a bit more, opting for a crew-cab pickup with the 8' bed. He pulled into his garage with his shiny new purchase and discovered about three feet of it was still hanging outside. OOPS! It turns out there's hardly anywhere you can park one of those mile-long beasts properly - it's just as "too long" for a grocery store parking space, curbside slot, or commercial parking garage as it was for his home garage. The funny thing was, all that long bed was just for show - the guy wasn't a cowpoke at all - but an insurance salesman. Maybe a flashback to "Urban Cowboy" here? A little "Cotton-eyed Joe" anyone? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Top Bottom