• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

This Is Going To Be The Death Of Us!

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the update Z, but my post here was meant to go way beyond Wheaters.
The intended targets are those who constantly wallow in negativity. EM's doing this wrong, that's wrong, production won't happen, It'll never fly, it's screwed up, it's going to fail, the sky is falling etc. You know the type. Someone is always going wee in their cheerios. I just get a bit testy with trolls who waste everyone's time.

You, Goofyone, Joshua, JimH, MikeW, Truett, Jeff and a host of others are constantly trying to maintain a positive forum here for those of us who believe,

Elio will happen. The exact dates are immaterial, the exact design is a target not a promise. The point is that Paul Elio is doing something few have tried and we have a front row seat. Sit back and have fun, enjoy the ride, share some giggles with our new found friends, share ideas for use when comes time for us pick options on our Elios. But above all stay positive and excited, history is being made here!! :D:);):D
Thank you for supporting the positive approach, Dusty921. History is being made and I am loving the adventure. :-) Z

Dustman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
To put the record straight, I'm as positive about the Elio as anyone else here, in fact I don't recall making any negative comment and don't see why anyone here should think I'm getting in the way. In fact, I'm more than a little offended by the above response.

But as Zelio pointed out, because she has read all my previous posts on this forum, it may be impossible to register the vehicle in UK. So, I'd be a fool to put $1000 down on one as a non-refundable deposit.

If the problem of UK registration can be overcome, and the price is worthwhile (shipping, import taxes, VAT on top of the USA price all need to be considered), then I'd put the whole lot down!
I think I'm ready to place a deposit on your Liege...:p Looks like fun

wheaters

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think I'm ready to place a deposit on your Liege...:p Looks like fun

Yes,It's really good fun. It will go almost anywhere, on or off road, or the track. I wish they were still in production; I've certainly been approached by many people who wanted one. There's still a waiting list registered with our owner's club of people who want to buy used examples.

Tomorrow is the MCC Edinburgh Classic Trial (not held in Edinburgh these days, but in the Derbyshire Peak District). At least half a dozen Lieges are entered and no doubt will do very well, as they always do. Not mine though, I'll be watching from the sidelines. Plenty of clips on YouTube if you're interested to see what it's all about.

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
To put the record straight, I'm as positive about the Elio as anyone else here, in fact I don't recall making any negative comment and don't see why anyone here should think I'm getting in the way. In fact, I'm more than a little offended by the above response.

But as Zelio pointed out, because she has read all my previous posts on this forum, it may be impossible to register the vehicle in UK. So, I'd be a fool to put $1000 down on one as a non-refundable deposit.

If the problem of UK registration can be overcome, and the price is worthwhile (shipping, import taxes, VAT on top of the USA price all need to be considered), then I'd put the whole lot down!

Wheaters,

Well old boy it's like this, not having read all of your posts as I'm sure Zelio has, I wasn't aware that you resided in the UK. Of course I could have looked at your profile page, but alas I did not. Rest assured my comment was directed strictly at the post I quoted and nothing else. As yours was not the only post that I have leveled the wagon analogy to, you can see I am an equal opportunity offender.

So, without further ado, if you will accept my humble apology, we can move on. :)

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No trolling intended. There was a thread about naming the model of the Elio that was very entertaining, and many of the members had a lot fun with. Thought this might be fun as well. That's all.
No, no, no, Just the name I thought of for the design dept, you know, the equivilant of Skunk Works. Nothing to do with "trolling" it is anti-troll using skill and creativity. Sort of like taking a negative, spinning it on it's head and creating not only positive but neutering the negative. Skunk Works does that pretty well, when I hear the name I think of cloak and dagger that has provided stunning successes! Thus, the Toll Factory. They will produce the autocars that will not only shut down the "trolls" but drive them back to their dark places!

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Snipped: If the problem of UK registration can be overcome, and the price is worthwhile (shipping, import taxes, VAT on top of the USA price all need to be considered), then I'd put the whole lot down!

To hazard a guess when time comes to export our dear Elio, your 'registration, VAT, etc., will
have been studied & overcome. It's done everyday for countless products, where there is a
will & so on. At a minimum it could be exported as a 'kit' & gain entry that way , like the
Lotus 7 in reverse(npi) I'd recon.....
upload_2014-10-3_12-9-6.jpeg

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No, no, no, Just the name I thought of for the design dept, you know, the equivilant of Skunk Works. Nothing to do with "trolling" it is anti-troll using skill and creativity. Sort of like taking a negative, spinning it on it's head and creating not only positive but neutering the negative. Skunk Works does that pretty well, when I hear the name I think of cloak and dagger that has provided stunning successes! Thus, the Toll Factory. They will produce the autocars that will not only shut down the "trolls" but drive them back to their dark places!
Thank you Mike W. When I read "Hmm, maybe in honor of those that present challenges that are doing it purely for the "H E double hockey sticks" of it", I thought that was directed at me, because that's EXACTLY what I did. Now that I know you wern't calling me a troll, I kinda like the ''Troll Factory". Sorry I misunderstood your post. Elio on brother!!

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Wheaters, you are a very important part of this forum. As far as I know, you are our only UK member. Some on this forum are so "protective" of the Elio, any question of it's possibility of coming to be, ruffles some feathers. Please stick around, as we need your input about the UK market, and what that market thinks about the Elio. BTW, that Dune Buggy (sorry, don't know what a Liege is. Did I spell it right?) of yours is VERY COOL!:D

Top Bottom