• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The P5: What Would You Change?

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Again, Copyright problems with the Faucet Manufacturer of the same name. But I like the concept.
I think you meant trademark, and it's doubtful there's a trademark issue. Virtually no possibility of dilution, confusion or tarnishment between a three wheeled Delta vehicle and a Delta faucet. Two completely separate and distinct products in two completely different markets.

There's no consumer confusion between Delta Airlines and Delta faucets, is there?

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was never a fan of the Trikke name because to me it always reminded me of the Trikke scooter, a toy.

I like just calling it an Elio S1. Or if you wanted to go with racier naming, Elio X1. "Quick Robin, to the X1!" "Holy three-wheeled hotness, Batman!"
"Trikke!" sounds like something an Aussie might yell when spotting an Elio for the first time.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think you meant trademark, and it's doubtful there's a trademark issue. Virtually no possibility of dilution, confusion or tarnishment between a three wheeled Delta vehicle and a Delta faucet. Two completely separate and distinct products in two completely different markets.

There's no consumer confusion between Delta Airlines and Delta faucets, is there?
Maybe you're right, but I can't see Disney letting it go unchallenged with their Delta Fighter from Star Wars.

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Maybe you're right, but I can't see Disney letting it go unchallenged with their Delta Fighter from Star Wars.
I liked those Delta starfighters and how they evolved toward the TIE design. However, I still don't see as a possibility any significant consumer confusion between a fictional starfighter and a real, Earth-bound vehicle.

And if Disney has a problem with Elio, they would almost certainly get pushback from real airplane manufacturers that already produce delta-wing airplanes and use "delta" in the names of those planes.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I liked those Delta starfighters and how they evolved toward the TIE design. However, I still don't see as a possibility any significant consumer confusion between a fictional starfighter and a real, Earth-bound vehicle.

And if Disney has a problem with Elio, they would almost certainly get pushback from real airplane manufacturers that already produce delta-wing airplanes and use "delta" in the names of those planes.
Cogent Dude...;)

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How about a symbol that's unpronounceable.

princes-love-symbol.jpg

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When can I expect my Elio car? I have been waiting over a year. We going to be able to turn our orders in for them. Is there anything else I need to do to speed this up. I will do anything I need to do so that I may speed things up
Hi- big reach out from the Emerald City, and welcome to all things Elio. You happen to be fortunate to have only been waiting a year. There's some poor devils here with history going back many years.
However, your timing is perfect. If you haven't been following the evolution, there is now an acceleration of progress .

Mel

Elio Addict
Reaction score

That's what Chevrolet thought when they came out with the Beretta.

Top Bottom