• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Nobe

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nobe is using Lotus to develop their production model prototype. Limited production numbers equates to a much high MSRP ($39) Than initially marketed. It becomes a rich man’s toy. A new vehicle startup’s marketing lowball target pricing is based on scaled production numbers and is true with any low production model vehicle rollout…….the FUV, the vaporware Elio, and likely the BEX (hand built?) The process of fund raising, the high cost of a manufacturing plant/tooling a production line, hiring/training employees, partnering with parts suppliers, establishing a sales/delivery/servicing network…………….. a new startup that is already in debt, simply can’t afford to lose money in it’s initial low volume production run and be long term successful on the road to production scale when market demand Is being tested and proven. Arcimoto and ElectraMeccanica both crossed the fully certified production model finish line………both at a much higher than their targeted MSRP…….hoping that market demand is proven and production scale allows for a more affordable vehicle for the masses.

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I might be wrong here, but I believe an enclosed, safe, practical and economical vehicle can still be built for $10k and believe Mark is the guy that will prove it. It takes a guy with all the skills, knowledge and connections. Mark checks all of the boxes.

He could have easily gone after a high performance, expensive vehicle and it’s market….. nope, he’s building the BEX to fill a void that is deliberately skipped over.

The Nobe is indeed cool…. But $39k? Yep, rich man’s toy. I want the BEX and will drive the wheels off, then will buy another…. Heck, buy two BEXs and pocket the $19k!

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's funny, but fast growth can actually kill a business off. That is , if they run out of cash trying to keep up with a high level if intial interest, real or not. It's hard to not loose your head, when the gold looks like it's just on the other side of that hill.

That one did, almost, get Tesla.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I might be wrong here, but I believe an enclosed, safe, practical and economical vehicle can still be built for $10k and believe Mark is the guy that will prove it. It takes a guy with all the skills, knowledge and connections. Mark checks all of the boxes.

He could have easily gone after a high performance, expensive vehicle and it’s market….. nope, he’s building the BEX to fill a void that is deliberately skipped over.

The Nobe is indeed cool…. But $39k? Yep, rich man’s toy. I want the BEX and will drive the wheels off, then will buy another…. Heck, buy two BEXs and pocket the $19k!
After following Hello Elio‘s Under $6800 vaporware marketing mission, side by side with Arcimoto‘s dedicated Team mission to roll out their targeted $11,900 FUV that actually rolled out at $19,900 (likely still a good value), I‘m convinced that a $10K vehicle, in low volume assembly line and/or hand built production numbers, is impossible. $10K (more likely $15K) can only happen with proven market acceptance and scaled production numbers. To many factors outside the new startups control. Required funding sources, NHTSA certification requirements and the multiple beta vehicles required for the private lab testing process, required custom parts either fabricated in-house or outsourced, availability of the specified off the shelf parts (best pricing in volume numbers) if they can/will even supply them at a reasonable cost), labor - one guy building a vehicle or hiring and training employees Required to do the work. Frankly, I thought the process was a bit easier, until fully understanding Arcimoto’s experience and out of their control requirements in crossing the production finish line. The BEX at $20K could be a good value…providing there is a customer service plan and parts availability in place with the production model BEX roll out. Not many DIY mechanics out there these days.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm unique in this equation, but I will take a Bex at $10k even without 'customer service plan and parts'.
Parts will be no problem as long as a make/model exists in the US that has that part. I'm simply requiring only a list of those parts, and that I can licence my ready-to-drive copy in the US without much trouble. I will even take it as some kind of -complete- kit, but that's just me!

Mark has definitely indicated he will do better than what I just said above. Perasonally I won't even think twice if it cost $12k out of pocket, then add licencing and tax.

Certainly, the more we require, the more it costs, in total, even if spread across all sales.

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm unique in this equation, but I will take a Bex at $10k even without 'customer service plan and parts'.
Parts will be no problem as long as a make/model exists in the US that has that part. I'm simply requiring only a list of those parts, and that I can licence my ready-to-drive copy in the US without much trouble. I will even take it as some kind of -complete- kit, but that's just me!

Mark has definitely indicated he will do better than what I just said above. Perasonally I won't even think twice if it cost $12k out of pocket, then add licencing and tax.

Certainly, the more we require, the more it costs, in total, even if spread across all sales.
"I will take a Bex at $10k even without 'customer service plan and parts."

Same here. If Mark sells 'em, I'd buy one without a customer service plan or parts. I mean, I'd "prefer" to have access to those things – but Mark's not doing anything exotic. (At least not with the vehicle!) If he's happy with his end product, I will be too. Looks like it's about as straight forward as it can be. He's gonna use a Toyota or Honda engine – or something similar. There are used engines and parts everywhere – not to mention new parts and pieces.

After warranties expire on my vehicles – I go to a shop run by some good 'ol boys. They're as honest as they come. They always shoot straight and they're fair. They've never heard or seen the BEX, but I have no doubt – they'll be able to take care of any issue that arises. The main components Mark will end up using have been around the U.S. for a long time. There's not going to be anything new to an experienced mechanic. The "packaging" of the 3-wheeled vehicle only looks different – the guts are running around all over the world right now – and have been for some time.

It's a shame the Nobe is probably going to run $39K. I really hate to hear that....

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If the BEX is what I think it could be and cross the production finish line in a reasonable period of time, I’d buy one at $20K. I agree that a local certified mechanic could provide service with a factory BEX Parts and Servicing Manual. Note: I assumed the Elio would have been in the $15-20K range had specs been finalized.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"I will take a Bex at $10k even without 'customer service plan and parts."

Same here. If Mark sells 'em, I'd buy one without a customer service plan or parts. I mean, I'd "prefer" to have access to those things – but Mark's not doing anything exotic. (At least not with the vehicle!) If he's happy with his end product, I will be too. Looks like it's about as straight forward as it can be. He's gonna use a Toyota or Honda engine – or something similar. There are used engines and parts everywhere – not to mention new parts and pieces.

After warranties expire on my vehicles – I go to a shop run by some good 'ol boys. They're as honest as they come. They always shoot straight and they're fair. They've never heard or seen the BEX, but I have no doubt – they'll be able to take care of any issue that arises. The main components Mark will end up using have been around the U.S. for a long time. There's not going to be anything new to an experienced mechanic. The "packaging" of the 3-wheeled vehicle only looks different – the guts are running around all over the world right now – and have been for some time.

It's a shame the Nobe is probably going to run $39K. I really hate to hear that....
Three wheeler options/MSRP currently available on the market. None of these have the BEX anticipated full enclosure, or climate control safety features, and other optional amenities one might want in an autocycle. It appears the BEX would have to be priced somewhere in the current MSRP’s range based on low volume production numbers, to break even or preferably provide for a fair profit margin needed for scaled production numbers to meet demand.

1652541220854.jpeg

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"We don’t have that many details on the Nobe 500, except for a few renderings revealed by the company earlier this year, but now the automaker gives us some updates about the truck, stating it hopes to see it in production in the summer of 2022. Not only that, but it plans to bring both the Nobe 500 and Nobe 100GT to America, being in the process of founding Nobe USA."

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Totally agree with you on that. BEX might well be the only 3wheeler that WON'T surprise us with a ridiculously higher price tag when Mark's ready to deliver. I would've been happy to own an Arcimoto FUV @ 11K but then they realized it can't be sold for that cheap and is now at least 20K. Yap, the rest of them newcomers in the 3wheeler field are expensive glorified toys and not for everyday commuting.

Top Bottom