• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Hood Opens Backwards?!?

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If the computer model is any indication as to how far forward the hinge point will be, there ought to be tons of room to work on the engine/transaxle or whatever else needs fiddling with. Opens forward? I like it.
Just check out some of the vids. When the hood is open it's all most straight up. Two more pins in the hinge and you could take the hood off.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If the pins are not there to hold the hood down, then there will be a latch like all forward lifting hoods, that do not have pins. I'm not sure what you are saying.
The pins are the latch. There will not be a forward pull latch system just above where the front license plate would be, like on a normal car. The latch pins will be just under the wipers.

Are you a Driver or a RIO?

Last edited:

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
there has, already been posted locking ring set-up similar to Ford's GT . Aside from cost, let's not forget the extra weight and increase drag (he's smiling).
I continue to be amazed of people's expectations of what should be included for a $6800 vehicle with price now including electric windows, a.c., a "radio". comfortable seating, mostly U.S. parts and labor and "safe". Whatever comes up short by their standards can easily be upgraded aftermarket. To the comment that you could OTD for $6800 (inclusive of the incentive is just silly). I, and many others expect to walk away in the 10-12k range (still less than I've bought bikes). The very first time I saw a pic of the E and heard it wasn't around 20k base, I went all in, and only after did I realize what a refreshing concept for a new transportation mode.. least we forget the incentive AND the "T" and sticker!!!
Yes, I am indeed fortunate that I could plop down the 1k,and lose it without too much concern. For me it will always be a "toy". this is far and away my longest delayed gratification I've experienced. - my therapist says it's good for me!!!!

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
there has, already been posted locking ring set-up similar to Ford's GT . Aside from cost, let's not forget the extra weight and increase drag (he's smiling).
I continue to be amazed of people's expectations of what should be included for a $6800 vehicle with price now including electric windows, a.c., a "radio". comfortable seating, mostly U.S. parts and labor and "safe". Whatever comes up short by their standards can easily be upgraded aftermarket. To the comment that you could OTD for $6800 (inclusive of the incentive is just silly). I, and many others expect to walk away in the 10-12k range (still less than I've bought bikes). The very first time I saw a pic of the E and heard it wasn't around 20k base, I went all in, and only after did I realize what a refreshing concept for a new transportation mode.. least we forget the incentive AND the "T" and sticker!!!
Yes, I am indeed fortunate that I could plop down the 1k,and lose it without too much concern. For me it will always be a "toy". this is far and away my longest delayed gratification I've experienced. - my therapist says it's good for me!!!!
psy.png

Top Bottom