• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Hood Opens Backwards?!?

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Been there, Done that.... Gets your attention real fast...
Crap! I remember that happened to me too. My buddy didn't pin the hood on my '79 Mercury Capri... I had just put a 351 Windsor under the hood and had painted the car. I was on my way home from the body shop when suddenly, the hood flew open. I was a teeny bit upset as it wrecked my paint job and bent the hood a bit. Argh! Luckily, I was probably going about 20 mph at the time.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
First Gen Rx7 opened that way. It was much easier to work on the engine, cause the hood can stand straight up instead of at an angle. It's easier to get to the firewall without hitting your head. Love the design of this car all over. It was obviously very well thought out.
The hoods on my wife's and my old Saab 99's and 900's (we only had Saabs for years) opened the same way, I agree, much easier to work on.

Ian442

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hood popped on my VW Rabbit with a sheet of ice included that broke off and hit the windshield. Scared the bejeesus out of me at 17.

Top Bottom