• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Elio Engine

jtmarten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That may be the 'hot ticket' for an Elio engine/trans swap down the line if a software tune won't get the IAV there. 115hp would provide a very fun and spirited ride in a 1250lb vehicle. At roughly 10.9lbs/hp, that's encroaching on the magic 60s/70s muscle car number of 10lbs/hp.

mike171

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I am not one bit concerned about coated aluminum cylinders. Porsche has been using that technology on the 911 for years with great success.

DScott

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Am confident Elio Motors has done it's homework as well as IAV in engine selection. Hope so as I intend to pick mine up at the factory and head for home some 800 miles away. The first 500 miles should entail variable engine speed's (rpm) say 45 and under and then it should be good to go at reasonable speed''s
that was the question I asked on the Elio FB page.. will we need to do a "break-in" period for these engines or has manufacturing come far enough to not need it? my last "new" car was in 1990, and I had to break it in first. I am hoping to drive it home from Shreveport (200 mls) and keeping it under 50 will be pain since I'm going to be on I-20 the whole way!

WAYNE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
that was the question I asked on the Elio FB page.. will we need to do a "break-in" period for these engines or has manufacturing come far enough to not need it? my last "new" car was in 1990, and I had to break it in first. I am hoping to drive it home from Shreveport (200 mls) and keeping it under 50 will be pain since I'm going to be on I-20 the whole way!
Drive it like you stole it.:p

WAYNE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That may be the 'hot ticket' for an Elio engine/trans swap down the line if a software tune won't get the IAV there. 115hp would provide a very fun and spirited ride in a 1250lb vehicle. At roughly 10.9lbs/hp, that's encroaching on the magic 60s/70s muscle car number of 10lbs/hp.
:):cool: That new German 3 cyl comes to mind.

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I read somewhere the engine will be aluminum which if fine IF the cylinders have steel sleeves.. Does anyone know if this engine will have steel sleeves?

Ray

Top Bottom