• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Elio Engine

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had no animosity towards Rickb and him showing Elio has debt. We all know start ups have tons of debt, especially with trying to bring a new vehicle to market for the masses. I was bringing up my comment again to point to that fact. I don't let my emotions to get the better of me. I just find it so odd people don't know the difference between risk and a scam.
Thanks. I know you had no animosity. Emotional statements are more likely, since we are all ElioMOTIONAL. I also know every startup business has debt. Again, I wasn't attempting to show Elio had debt, rather trying to settle the ElioMOTIONAL debate about which vendor may be in legal dispute.

I didn't hear anybody use the word SCAM and everybody is aware of EM's forward looking risk statements.

Last edited:

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks. I know you had no animosity. Emotional statements are more likely, since we are all ElioMOTIONAL. I also know every startup business has debt. Again, I wasn't attempting to show Elio had debt, rather trying to settle the ElioMOTIONAL debate about which vendor may be in legal dispute.

I didn't hear anybody use the word SCAM and everybody is aware of EM's forward looking risk statements.

Does EM have legal rights to IAV's real world or Dino stats testing results and or the rights to manufacture additional IAV engines until the balance is paid in full?
It would be nice if Elio kept us informed. Investors have to always assume the worst. If Elio has bad news, it might not be as bad as people think.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Right. The number of people that know how to build a better Elio boggles the mind. :rolleyes:

I will say this. I'm still bothered by all the mystery that shrouds the Elio engine.
Did we ever get official real-world or dyno stats, and NOT simulation?
Even simple mpg and hp? I don't remember any announcements.
If anyone has a link to real world or dyno stats, please post.
And then again, there's that whole variable-valve thing.
Does EM have legal rights to IAV's real world or Dino stats testing results and or the rights to manufacture additional IAV engines until the balance is paid in full?

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Well somebody, whether IAV and/or Elio Motors must own this engine. It wouldn't hurt either interest to sell these for other vehicles or applications, if they, or the design and tooling, do exist. Sure someone might think that because of some obscure reason the production and manufacture can't happen because of some convoluted roadblock: Getting anything out there for anyone involved has got to be numero uno priority.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
EM supposedly owns at least three of the engines.
Now I can understand IAV not completing the work on the variable-valve system until EM's account is up to date, but...

As far as your question...
I would think that non-disclosure and non-access to the mfg rights would have had to have been written into the contract between IAV and EM.
Even as experienced as IAV is, I think it's highly unlikely that those were part of the terms. Especially non-disclosure.
Am I wrong in remembering that someone else also got the right to mfg a while ago?

And how hard would it be for EM to take one of the engines to the local dyno shop?
Or, for that matter, do some simple real-world testing of their own?

I still say there's something not quite right here.

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Now I can understand IAV not completing the work on the variable-valve system until EM's account is up to date, but...

I would think that non-disclosure and non-access to the mfg rights would have had to have been written into the contract between IAV and EM.
Even as experienced as IAV is, I think it's highly unlikely that those were part of the terms. Especially non-disclosure.
Am I wrong in remembering that someone else also got the right to mfg a while ago?

And how hard would it be for EM to take one of the engines to the local dyno shop?

My guess is that Elio does not have the rights to the engine until IAV is paid. IAV would have to protect their interests somehow. I don't think that the engine is finished, hence the lack of information and outside testing.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Who better to test the engine than IAV? I question if EM actually own's the 3 engines and/or if the engines are completed to final IAV specs.. The engines could be on loan from IAV for chassis fit and to allow for validating the compatibility of other drivetrain components. Real world testing would require a real world test driveable Elio with a real world finely tuned IAV engine. I do agree with your there's something not quite right here statement.

Mmeyer

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Top Bottom