• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The E-series Build.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like how with this new series, they made it float. No wheels on the ground has GOT to greatly increase gas mileage.
Of course it will increase the mileage.

In the 60's and 70's, people put tall springs on the rear axle, raising the back of the car up higher. This caused them to point downward. This was done to make them go down hill and everyone knows you get better mileage going down hill.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Of course it will increase the mileage.

In the 60's and 70's, people put tall springs on the rear axle, raising the back of the car up higher. This caused them to point downward. This was done to make them go down hill and everyone knows you get better mileage going down hill.
It only worked in TN, KY, and AR.

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It only worked in TN, KY, and AR.
I lived in the 60's and 70's we raised the back of the cars after installing "Gabriel air shocks" attach compressed air, shocks raise which lifts the rear body so that you could install wider tires (protrude out from the body without cutting the fender well).

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I lived in the 60's and 70's we raised the back of the cars after installing "Gabriel air shocks" attach compressed air, shocks raise which lifts the rear body so that you could install wider tires (protrude out from the body without cutting the fender well).
Yup, and don't go over railroad tracks at 50 with 6 people in the car; if you do, carry 2 spares, you'll need them. :becky:

Top Bottom