• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The E-series Build.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if they might be prepping us for their final cost-saving measure: "Some Assembly Required"

What you get when you buy an Elio is a rolling frame and a crate full of pieces, then you put it all together at home. :p

Probably better than what you will get with the first affordable Battery Powered Vehicle.
"SARBNI"
Some Assembly Required - Batteries Not Included

Like the toys you bought in stores.
And then had to buy the batterys separately.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if they might be prepping us for their final cost-saving measure: "Some Assembly Required"

What you get when you buy an Elio is a rolling frame and a crate full of pieces, then you put it all together at home. :p

If they dropped the price to 3.5k shipped, I'd be more than happy to do a DIY build!

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
"Did anyone notice that Linamar just built an aluminum casting facility in the south east US? So Elio needs a supplier of 1-200,000 engine castings a year and GF Linamar needs work for a nice new plant. Seems like a really good move on both of their parts. http://foundrymag.com/meltpour/gf-linamar-linked-automotive-diecasting-venture "

Great find Jambe. I read the article, looks like the plant will open in 2017. Still, a good move for OUR needs. The article is dated 10 months ago, so hopefully they are ahead of sheh-jool.

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score

So this would be Elio Motors partnering with Papa Murphy's to deliver a half-baked vehicle, just add the toppings of your choice and cook in an underpowered oven?

ehwatt

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Momentum blog carried this pic of an e-series frame a-building. Doesn't this look a heck of a lot beefier than P5? Some of that effect is because it's stampings, not tubing, and I know that the black coating contributes to that effect, but just the same:

View attachment 9474
Is that a subwoofer opening, right behind the doggy-door below the rear window?

Top Bottom