• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Shreveport Plant Tour

Proud to be

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Will EM only cover the 3 days if you come by air? What if you take the train? :) Z

Hi Z

The story I heard of, was for a one way airfare ticket only! for the 3days stay.... but none of this is in stone until Elio Motors releases the facts, if they are even going to have a special deal for people who want to take the tour, or if there is going to be a delivery charge at the factory if you pick it up there...

I am going to pick my Elio up at the factory and I would like a tour... I don't want to pay the delivery charge if I do pick it up at the factory... but I am still getting my Elio...

Elio Motors did say that had special plans for $1000 "All in" group, But they would not give me any hints of what?....

Of course that could be just a special T-Shirt or a special medallion for your personally Elio with your name or production number on it?

I am really hope they go all out... because the $1000 "All in" group are the true believers of Paul Elio and Elio Motors idea...

In fact the " Granders " are the heart of Elio Motors concept, WE are the one's who believed in Paul Elio plan to bring this Autocycle to life, when others looked away...

Does it sound a little like, I am sold on a Elio??

Proud to Be... an Elio owner...#2225 see ya at the plant...2015

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi Z

The story I heard of, was for a one way airfare ticket only! for the 3days stay.... but none of this is in stone until Elio Motors releases the facts, if they are even going to have a special deal for people who want to take the tour, or if there is going to be a delivery charge at the factory if you pick it up there...

I am going to pick my Elio up at the factory and I would like a tour... I don't want to pay the delivery charge if I do pick it up at the factory... but I am still getting my Elio...

Elio Motors did say that had special plans for $1000 "All in" group, But they would not give me any hints of what?....

Of course that could be just a special T-Shirt or a special medallion for your personally Elio with your name or production number on it?

I am really hope they go all out... because the $1000 "All in" group are the true believers of Paul Elio and Elio Motors idea...

In fact the " Granders " are the heart of Elio Motors concept, WE are the one's who believed in Paul Elio plan to bring this Autocycle to life, when others looked away...

Does it sound a little like, I am sold on a Elio??

Proud to Be... an Elio owner...#2225 see ya at the plant...2015
I definitely know you are sold on an Elio from talking to you in person in Portland. LOL I'm also sold and look forward to driving my Elio to Portland in the future. :) Z

BTW How are the trout doing in this heat?

Last edited:

Proud to be

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I definitely know you are sold on an Elio from talking to you in person in Portland. LOL I'm also sold and look forward to driving my Elio to Portland in the future. :) Z

BTW How are the trout doing in this heat?

Hi Z,

The Rainbow Trout are doing fine, I just have to add a lot of cold water and keep them in the shade, I have about 50 or so left now, I pulled a big one out last week for BBQ... 28" long 8lbs....tasted great!

I am the only person in the City of Portland Oregon to raise rainbow trout in a closed system, they told me that you can't do it !!... raise rainbow trout in a 4,500 pond closed system...

I did not believe them... I proved them wrong... Just like Paul Elio... I do believe in Elio Motors... and I will have one...

I do have to dump over 3000 gallons of water at the start of each year... or the fish die... I use a bio filter system and it does not work in winter, so I have to change to water...

But they sure taste good... I have had them for over 3 years, they are getting huge...

Proud to Be... an Elio owner #2225 see ya at the plant...

fpelsdca

Elio Addict
Reaction score
PtoB, your Pond system sounds interesting and would love to hear more about it, maybe in an "Off-topic" thread. After discovering this website, and learning about permaculture and how to use it in the cycle of making fuel alcohol I have thought how nice it would be to have something like this.

http://www.permaculture.com/

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi Z,

The Rainbow Trout are doing fine, I just have to add a lot of cold water and keep them in the shade, I have about 50 or so left now, I pulled a big one out last week for BBQ... 28" long 8lbs....tasted great!

I am the only person in the City of Portland Oregon to raise rainbow trout in a closed system, they told me that you can't do it !!... raise rainbow trout in a 4,500 pond closed system...

I did not believe them... I proved them wrong... Just like Paul Elio... I do believe in Elio Motors... and I will have one...

I do have to dump over 3000 gallons of water at the start of each year... or the fish die... I use a bio filter system and it does not work in winter, so I have to change to water...

But they sure taste good... I have had them for over 3 years, they are getting huge...

WOW, 8 lb trout. Do you sell them to keep your operation going? We will be taking some Italians friends from NE Italy on a month long tour of the NW (Oregon, Idaho, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas) and they will be arriving in Portland. Would love to find some great fresh trout to fix for them. We have rented a house on the beach in Seaside for a week while we show them the Oregon coast.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi Z,

I told my older son about your trout and he said you are one person he would like to meet. He is very much into sustainable living in the urban environment. I, on the other hand, just plain love Rainbow Trout although I must admit the ones I have eaten have never been that big. Is it possible for you to sell them in a "farmers" market or are you not interested in selling them? I wish I lived close enough to taste a bite or two now and then. LOL :-) Z

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
PtoB, your Pond system sounds interesting and would love to hear more about it, maybe in an "Off-topic" thread. After discovering this website, and learning about permaculture and how to use it in the cycle of making fuel alcohol I have thought how nice it would be to have something like this.

As a guess I would say my weekly phone visit with my older son is going to be very interesting. He just finished an on line course on permaculture and he wants to develop his own fuel alcohol still. LOL Between Proud To Be's Trout post and yours he is going to forget all about Mom. LOL :-) Z

Proud to be

Elio Addict
Reaction score
one plant.JPG

hi fpelsdca,

I did not invent this pond system, in fact I found it on the net, under bio filters for ponds... for a 4500 gallon pond, I am using 3... 100-150 gallon Rubbermaid tubs with some pvc tubing inside and about 300 plastic pot scrubbers for the bio mass... the only problem is in Oregon during the winter all the plants die off... I would guess that where you live you could run this system year around and have very little clean up... and in most cases just one pump to run it... I planted just " One " tomato plant using this system and it grow to 10' wide 7' tall by 5' deep and I stopped counting the tomato's when it went over 130, I had them coming out of my ears...

Proud to Be... an Elio owner #2225

Proud to be

Elio Addict
Reaction score
WOW, 8 lb trout. Do you sell them to keep your operation going? We will be taking some Italians friends from NE Italy on a month long tour of the NW (Oregon, Idaho, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas) and they will be arriving in Portland. Would love to find some great fresh trout to fix for them. We have rented a house on the beach in Seaside for a week while we show them the Oregon coast.

Hi Jim H,

Love your post comments, Yes, I have sold some of them in the past to friends.. it has taken 3 years to get them this big, so I don't sell to many of them... I am told that they can grow to 31" and 30 lbs. and live 9 years... most of mine are about 3-8 lbs... I only have about 50+ left, but I do have to thin the group a little...

Some people think that farm raised Trout are soft meat... but that is not true, it has to do with the water temp before death, if the water is cold the meat is firm...

When you come to Portland, maybe we can meet...

Proud to Be... an Elio owner...#2225

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When you come to Portland, maybe we can meet... Proud to Be... an Elio owner...#2225
Proud to be, I grew up in northern California and fished nearly every stream and river north of San Francisco between the Pacific Ocean and the Nevada-Oregon border. The Italians have a fish they call salmone trouta" which has pink meat like a steelhead but the fish are Lake Garda which has no outlet to any salt water. Tastes fantastic. I'll message you as I get closer to the date we will be in Portland. Enjoy those tasty trout.

Top Bottom