• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Seriously? The Gas Cap Has A Real Unmodifiable Reason To Be On The Wrong Side?

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Keep this quiet after Elios are all over the place I am going to offer an after market kit to move the gas cap to the left side. I will be rich.

idea2.gif
if you design yours to where you leave the original and add fill port to the left side, the storage space in the additional hose would probably expand an Elio's range by a hundred miles or so ..
wink15.gif

Jim

tonyspumoni

Elio Addict
When you are perpetually on the 'wrong side' as a youth, you kinda get used to the expectation that anything that can go wrong, will go wrong. Dodgeball? Bonk. Bonk again. Kickball? 27-5. We got 5. Wrestling? Memorized the ceiling lighting pattern in every gymnasium in Northern Wisconsin. All four years. Track? Last. Skiing? I was 49th out of 50 at State Championships. Whatever side the f'ing gascap is on for me it will be the wrong side. I'll spend the first six months, just as I have with every car I've ever owned, having to look for the arrow to try to remember which side it is on.

wheaters

Elio Addict
Keep this quiet after Elios are all over the place I am going to offer an after market kit to move the gas cap to the left side. I will be rich.

I doubt that. After the first refuel stop, of course everyone will say to themselves "So what was all that fuss about? It makes no difference which side it's on".

Then off they'll happily go, into the sunset to worry about how long it ought to be to the next oil change (probably squashing the odd skunk or raccoon or two with that rear wheel as they go).
:oops:

;)