• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
On another note..... Fa. I realized last night that back in my trucking days, I had picked up a load in Detroit headed for a car factory in Shreveport. 24 hours to make the run is more than enough time, usually! However we had snow and ice out of Detroit on I-94, went south on I-69 to Indianapolis, caught I-70 out of Indy, which by this time the roads were in great shape all the way to St. Louis. Just south of St. Louis on US-67 we hit dense fog and occasionally freezing rain and it stayed with us all the way to Little Rock. Roughly 350 miles of pure hell. We had lost several hours from the snow, ice, fog and rain but still figured we could make it on time. We hauled ass out of Little Rock, after a quick fuel up and breakfast. We made it into Shreveport with 2 hours to spare. However, they had expected us hours before and were within a half hour of shutting down the line! Needless to say we did not stick around for a tour. I'm assuming it's the same plant that Paul is going to manufacture the Elio in. So been there, done that! LOL! Oh and just in case someone says why didn't we take I-55 and head to Memphis and then over to Little Rock, we had a set route, we could not deviate from. End of story!

Last edited:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ty, sounds great but could I schedule my tour for 3 in the afternoon! I'm not a morning person and 7AM would kill me!
LOL... Sure, I'll get it on the calendar... Actually, I don't think there would be much choice if you wanted to watch YOUR Elio come off the line but if you were just picking up that day, it seems like you could still go through almost the same procedure but maybe just follow a random Elio down the line. They'll mostly look alike, right?

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
LOL... Sure, I'll get it on the calendar... Actually, I don't think there would be much choice if you wanted to watch YOUR Elio come off the line but if you were just picking up that day, it seems like you could still go through almost the same procedure but maybe just follow a random Elio down the line. They'll mostly look alike, right?
Everything but Color!

Top Bottom