• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Pwr Brakes

Zipper

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score

2.ooohhh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Although power brakes aren't required on a 1200 pound vehicle, the standard ABS & VSC on the Elio require a power booster to operate - making power brakes a given.
Many factory ABS and ASC systems do not require power brakes.

I switch pretty much every car I setup for the track over to manual brakes for more predictable pedal modulation. ABS, Traction control and ASC are retained on all chassis.

5585773145_255bf80aac_z.jpg

skygazer6033

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Since disk brakes are not self enegizing like the old drum brakes I'm fairly sure the production Elio will have a brake booster. One of news people who drove one of the prototypes said the brakes required a lot of pedal pressure. That's exactly what no booster feels like with disk brakes. Motorcycles get away without boosters because compared to cars bike brakes are huge. Some if not most having two brake assemblies on the single front wheel.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Since disk brakes are not self enegizing like the old drum brakes I'm fairly sure the production Elio will have a brake booster. One of news people who drove one of the prototypes said the brakes required a lot of pedal pressure. That's exactly what no booster feels like with disk brakes. Motorcycles get away without boosters because compared to cars bike brakes are huge. Some if not most having two brake assemblies on the single front wheel.
My VTX1800 sure has dual discs up front!

checho

Elio Fan
Reaction score
The anti lock brakes really helps, since all wheels brake evenly, this is a big plus on slippery roads, and having disk brakes it is a big plus, drum brakes usually fail for a short time when driving under water. power brakes are not really needed. but anti-lock, and disk brakes yes, that is a big plus for the Elio.
Also disk brakes do not need adjustments, and as such usually perform much better than drum brakes.
Also anti-lock brakes and disk brakes go together, disk brakes by themselves help a lot in breaking evenly add anti-lock and you have perfect breaking.
Brakes and steering are areas where no corners should be cut, your life depends on it.

The Xebra was banned due to poor brakes, they where drum and no anti-lock with poor quality.

Top Bottom