• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Prepped And Ready For E-series Assembly

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The original plan called for holding 5 cars for marketing and test drives but since EM will be building thst fleet of 100, that has probably changed. Pity.
Why should it change? Those 100 are going to fleets, so I fully expect the tour team to still have the planned 5 cars for nation-wide test drives. No better way to stir up reservations than to actually drive a near-production-ready car!

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Why should it change? Those 100 are going to fleets, so I fully expect the tour team to still have the planned 5 cars for nation-wide test drives. No better way to stir up reservations than to actually drive a near-production-ready car!
I can easily see E series cars which are not destroyed by testing becoming advertising and marketing tools. Not all cars will be production ready because that's not being tested, but some could be and others upgraded to be.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The original plan called for holding 5 cars for marketing and test drives but since EM will be building thst fleet of 100, that has probably changed. Pity.
A lot has probably changed with many more probable changes likely.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Although, it looks like that panel everybody was speculating about--the one with a hole in it--probably isn't the door panel. The hole for the door handle is bisected by the panel lines.

I think what we were all seeing was more likely the gas cap hole in the starboard rear quarterpanel.

hwxw7t.jpg

Also, I must say that the fit and finish on the E-series vehicles looks so much better and more professional than the P5 build photos. It looks like a real production product!
No. The panel with the gas cap hole is clearly visible in the same picture.

KD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Anybody have any great ideas on what the weekly(!) progress report will show for tomorrow, 29 June? I'm thinking wiring will be ran (complete?) and all body panels in place. Hopefully the correct sized tires installed. More interior work setup. E1 must be close to completion? Please!

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I know it's probably too simple, but the first E-series Photos showed black panels and the recent ones show white panels. Is this paint? Or could One be interior while the other is exterior? Or could there be more than one being assembled?

I work in theory and am totally inept when it comes to hands on.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Possibly the "cover" that goes over the exposed muffler assy. on the starboard side.

Willie
I finally have a confirmation from EM.
And the panel in the picture is <drum roll>

Elio.jpe

Elio Motors Customer Service (Elio Motors)

Jun 28, 17:15 EDT

Hey Coss,
Thanks for getting back to us.
We're on the same page, the panel you are referencing is the panel that covers the exhaust.
Thanks again!

Best,
The Elio Team

So it isn't: A Door panel :p
It IS the panel that covers the exhaust and muffler :becky: (also known as the Bulge) :preggers:

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
LOWRES_-_IMG_1795.jpg

Originally the E-series was to be assembled by the same company that built the P-series, but their highly experienced personnel make the cost expensive.

So EM put together their own team of more affordable personnel.

Top Bottom