• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Prepped And Ready For E-series Assembly

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
I finally have a confirmation from EM.
And the panel in the picture is <drum roll>

Elio.jpe

Elio Motors Customer Service (Elio Motors)

Jun 28, 17:15 EDT

Hey Coss,
Thanks for getting back to us.
We're on the same page, the panel you are referencing is the panel that covers the exhaust.
Thanks again!

Best,
The Elio Team

So it isn't: A Door panel :p
It IS the panel that covers the exhaust and muffler :becky: (also known as the Bulge) :preggers:
The Battle of the Bulge. lol

Martin Brock

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Huh? I have no idea wtf you are implying here...
If Elio really expects full production next year, it must start building its assembly line now, and the most critical component of this line is the people working along it. Hiring assemblers for the E Series directly, rather than contracting the construction out to the company that built earlier prototypes, makes perfect sense in this light. If these employees are more affordable, so much the better for Elio's customers. The typical buyer of a $6,800 car will not be earning six figures. If Elio's employees have incomes comparable to their customers, why is that a problem?

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If Elio really expects full production next year, it must start building its assembly line now, and the most critical component of this line is the people working along it. Hiring assemblers for the E Series directly, rather than contracting the construction out to the company that built earlier prototypes, makes perfect sense in this light. If these employees are more affordable, so much the better for Elio's customers. The typical buyer of a $6,800 car will not be earning six figures. If Elio's employees have incomes comparable to their customers, why is that a problem?
The line is already built. They are moving some of the equipment around but it's there. One of the LEAST critical thing right actually now is hiring assemblers. Those people would be sitting around doing nothing for the next several months. That wouldn't make sense. They'll put out an ad for assemblers probably a month before they need them and then hire the bulk of what they need a week or two ahead of time.

The current Elios are being basically built by hand which is much more difficult of a job to learn than working a station on an assembly line. They are building the B series (Elio 1B was just announced as finished) where the people who know how to put them together work. Later, when they build the first 100, they'll hire the first wave of assemblers in Shreveport to do the work. I would expect the first batch to be supervisors so that when they hire all the rest, they'll have some leadership structure.

The typical buyer right now is probably a six figure earner. Typically, lower earners can't afford/don't want to put money out there without having something in return. Once the Elio is out, I'd expect the average earnings of an Elio buyer to drop once they are available.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The line is already built. They are moving some of the equipment around but it's there. One of the LEAST critical thing right actually now is hiring assemblers. Those people would be sitting around doing nothing for the next several months. That wouldn't make sense. They'll put out an ad for assemblers probably a month before they need them and then hire the bulk of what they need a week or two ahead of time.

The current Elios are being basically built by hand which is much more difficult of a job to learn than working a station on an assembly line. They are building the B series (Elio 1B was just announced as finished) where the people who know how to put them together work. Later, when they build the first 100, they'll hire the first wave of assemblers in Shreveport to do the work. I would expect the first batch to be supervisors so that when they hire all the rest, they'll have some leadership structure.

The typical buyer right now is probably a six figure earner. Typically, lower earners can't afford/don't want to put money out there without having something in return. Once the Elio is out, I'd expect the average earnings of an Elio buyer to drop once they are available.

Consistent, helpful, experienced,
input, thanks.....:)

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Six figure earner? Sure, $100 is a lot of clams to hand out on a promise and a hope (aka non-refundable reservation) but I know I'm not the only sub-$40k earner who has a reservation. I think you misunderestimate the intrest that us plebs have in Mr. Elio's dream car. :p

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score

The certainly would make me atypical if you're right. My reservation comes from Disability. Of course, that's why it's taking me half a year to get to $1,000. Half way there now.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I definitely didn't mean that sub-$100k earners wouldn't be interested. I just meant it seems much more likely that people with more disposable income would be more likely to put money out on a hope and a dream and a promise.

Well, the lottery tends to favor the less well to do. But, $1,000 would seem to be a lot more to someone making $30,000 than to someone making $100,000.

Top Bottom