• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Pep Boys To Provide Service / Maintenance

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I heard a few months back that Pep Boys was NOT going to be the service centers for Elio Motors. I HOPE I am wrong. Am I?
The quote you brought up is 2 years old and a lot has changed.
But nothing has ever been said by Elio Motors or Paul Elio about any changes.
So as WilliamH has said, please give us the source of this information you're quoting.

nickskeys

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The source was a post that I read on here. Was really disappointed by that news. And now with the news (also found on here) about steel body panels instead of the composite body that I was told at the Auto Show in Detroit was the actual production body material, things aren't looking too promising from my standpoint. Keep tweaking away at the selling points and watch the customer base dwindle. I really, really liked the car that I saw at the Auto Show, but now it's downgraded to just liking it if the above posts are true. Bummer.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The source was a post that I read on here. Was really disappointed by that news. And now with the news (also found on here) about steel body panels instead of the composite body that I was told at the Auto Show in Detroit was the actual production body material, things aren't looking too promising from my standpoint. Keep tweaking away at the selling points and watch the customer base dwindle. I really, really liked the car that I saw at the Auto Show, but now it's downgraded to just liking it if the above posts are true. Bummer.

There are thousands of posts "on here".
You need to be more specific.
...."And now with the news (also found on here)".... ???
There is all sorts of idle speculation found here.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There are thousands of posts "on here".
You need to be more specific.
...."And now with the news (also found on here)".... ???
There is all sorts of idle speculation found here.
Think of it this way, if you are looking at four guns to shoot ducks, merely mentioning which brands you looked at does not mean you've decided which brand or model is best for you.

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Although this site is a good source of information, the information is not always correct. The information could be stale, out of date, restatement of things that weren't fully understood, or even malcontents seeding false rumors.

If you think something has changed and is different from what you saw at the auto show then I suggest you contact elio directly for clarification. Also note, how many prototype vehicles have you seen at auto shows that are actually the same once they make it to production?

Also remember that elio is being driven by their 4 goals - not by specific technology that you see on the prototypes. As elio tests the different technologies, as well as factors in the real world necessities of adapting for mass production, the technologies you see now may very well change. As for the 4 goals, elio has been very consistent about trying to hit them. Are you buying into the 4 goals or are you buying into some technology that happens to be on a prototype?

Last edited:

W. WIllie

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Jeff Miller:
Could you change the words "tenants" to "goals" or something that is easier to understand. (For some of us)
I'm not dumb, at my old age I get confused.

Top Bottom