• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Pep Boys To Provide Service / Maintenance

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi Dan, welcome. My step-son and his wife lived in Escondido 2 yrs ago and we visited them, they've moved to Lakeside. Nice area, Escondido.

Someone posted an official reply from Elio Motors with an answer to this question. You can use the search box in the upper right corner, try "pep boys" and see what you can find.

From what I remember, EM stated that the partnership is still in place, Pep Boys is just being sold to another man / company, and the i's dotted and t's crossed will take several months to make the sale official. But once the sale goes through, EM anticipates still having the partnership with PB.

There is speculation that the new owner would try to eliminate service bays and focus on the parts side, but that's not news or a report.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If the speculation is correct then why is he spending so much money advertising PEP Boys service on FOX?
Speculation, by it's very nature, is uncertain and fraught with error. I'm not sure id you are talking about Paul or the new owner of Pep Boys, but both must deal with the agreements in place, regardless of any future changes in direction, if any.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Speculation, by it's very nature, is uncertain and fraught with error. I'm not sure id you are talking about Paul or the new owner of Pep Boys, but both must deal with the agreements in place, regardless of any future changes in direction, if any.

Talking about the PEP Boys people. A lot of brake service ads. Looked like turning rotors on the car. And the price was good.

BADBOY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You must be the only one who has heard that rumor.
And even though your first post is just to spread negative speculation,
Welcome to the forum.
Wow William, way to jump to what appears to be an innocent and honest question by a new guy. Have you had your bowel movement yet? That can really make me grumpy.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Talking about the PEP Boys people. A lot of brake service ads. Looked like turning rotors on the car. And the price was good.
Many advertising campaigns are done far enough in advance to have preceded the change in ownership. I wouldn't make too much of the recent advertising.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wow William, way to jump to what appears to be an innocent and honest question by a new guy. Have you had your bowel movement yet? That can really make me grumpy.

Hope it wasn't me, but he was only back one other time since his initial post.
Opens up speculation as to those motives.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Hope it wasn't me, but he was only back one other time since his initial post.
Opens up speculation as to those motives.
Yes, but just to defend himself.
The beginning of your comment was fine to use as a clarification.
But next time, can you wait till you have a little more proof? You might have PO'd him a bit.

nickskeys

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So now we know why the maintenance departments at each Elio store doesn't have to be that large. From press release...

PEP BOYS HAS BEEN NAMED THE OFFICIAL SERVICE CENTER OF ELIO MOTORS

It's a quantum leap toward our dream!

Pep Boys, the multi-billion dollar, nationwide retail and service center chain, is the official service center for Elio Motors! With hundreds and hundreds of stores across the US, Pep Boys is the ideal partner we've been looking for. They have the reach, experience, and brand recognition to satisfy our customers in all areas of service and maintenance.

(link to EM site not working for me. hopefully for someone else?)
I heard a few months back that Pep Boys was NOT going to be the service centers for Elio Motors. I HOPE I am wrong. Am I?

Top Bottom