1. Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. Hate the new look? Click Here to learn how to go back to the old one!

Other Technologies That Will Need To Adapt

Discussion in 'Elio Drivetrain' started by KScarguy, Mar 3, 2014.

1. grampi

grampi Elio Addict

Other than flashing them your brights there isn't much that can done with these lunk heads...

Dusty921 and zelio like this.
  2. wheaters

wheaters Elio Addict

Very true...

They are a danger to everyone but the sad thing is, they are usually convinced they are the good driver and everyone else is at fault.

On my way home I leave the motorway after forty miles and need to drive along a main road with a 50 mph limit with speed cameras in place. However, some drive at 35-40 mph for the whole 7 miles of it, causing huge tailbacks at rush hour, to which they seem totally oblivious. I have learned to either sit well back, or even to pull off and give them five minutes head start because I don't want to get involved in their accident when it comes. Frustrated drivers often overtake in places where they shouldn't....you can imagine the rest.

Then, many these drivers meet the 30 mph limit in the more hazardous built up area coming into town and SPEED UP to 45 or 50! I have never understood this mentality but it seems increasingly common. Many of these slow drivers drive only on dipped headlights when out of town,. If they used main beam, they would be able to see better! :mad: :rolleyes:

3. grampi

grampi Elio Addict

I encounter these goofballs all the time on 2 lane highways...they drive 50 MPH in a 55 zone, then when they come to a town, they continue on at 50 MPH when the speed limit is 35...they refuse to even drive the speed limit on the highway, but are perfectly fine busting the limit by 15 MPH through towns...makes no sense to me...I keep expecting one the Barney Fife cops you usually find in these small towns who are just waiting to bust one these idiots to pull them over, but it never happens...now the second I go ignoring the speed limit in Podunk USA, I'd certainly get busted!

4. wheaters

wheaters Elio Addict

I agree, they are obviously a worldwide phenomenon. They are also the ones who slow right down for two hundred yards approaching a green traffic light then just sneak through as it changes to red. If they drove at normal speeds at least three more cars would have gone through on green.

5. Jay3wheel

Jay3wheel Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    No I don't, but people don't like you to tell them what to do, so I was being really subtle. Get it.

6. RKing

RKing Elio Addict

Had one last night, right turn lane to mearge into a 4 lane with a traffic light and acceleration lane. Our light is green ,idiot goes into right turn ramp and STOPS dead still to check for oncomeing traffic. No one was at the intersection at all, was obvious while approaching. I was not supprised due to the antics in front of me for the preceeding 8 miles. Also was not new to the area, followed him more than once, lucky me. Not worth getting worked up over, but Good Grief, pay attention at least a little!

7. Jay3wheel

Jay3wheel Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    Watch out for them skunks and stuff comin out from under the car ahead, that is kind of where this started. I think?

8. CompTrex

CompTrex Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    Yeah, but someone mentioned an armadillo!:eek:
    What's up with THAT?

outsydthebox, Dusty921 and zelio like this.
  9. RKing

RKing Elio Addict

We do wander a bit, I've noticed ..

10. Jay3wheel

Jay3wheel Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    Me we done get many skunks here, sand soil make for bad borrows.