• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Opening Rear Side Windows

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Chaz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My Tacoma had pop open rear side windows along with a back sliding one. They were useful to help pull out heat when trying to cool the cab down.
I also liked them with my dogs gave them some air without the worry of getting away

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
It all depends on the shape of the vehicle; any vehicle with a squared off tail section is more prone to bring in Exhaust Fumes, road debris, rain, oils from the road and it your vehicle has a bad seal in an oiled area.

The back of my Nitro is shaped like a brick, any time it rains, I have to have the rear wiper on because of the road sludge and rain that collects on the rear window; the Magnum was the same; while the 99 Monte Carlo would never get a drop of rain on it, unless I stopped.
If you do open a rear hatch, make sure you have the front windows open fully to avoid fume build up in the cab area.

Here is a very detailed article from the University of Iowa:
https://www.abe.iastate.edu/extension-and-outreach/carbon-monoxide-poisoning-vehicles-aen-208/

They have done a number of studies there because of all the Bio fuels they are involved with.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Remember; this is what it looks like with the back seat up; then down

upload_2016-12-29_20-26-11.png

The back seat almost fills that entire space; so when someone is sitting back there, the entire trunk area is blocked off.

And that is what this discussion is about, getting air to the back seat passenger.

If you're by yourself, leave the windows rolled up to help the aerodynamics, and turn on the A/C

Top Bottom