• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Oklahoma City Elio Or What I Learned In School Today

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
IMHO Elio should rely on word of mouth and dump their current distribution plans. They could save lots of money by cancelling their brick and mortar store plans and rely more on unbiased opinions. Once a few of these are on the road with the price and mpg rating advertised in large print on the sides, these "rolling billboards" might do the trick. Elio could reduce the price for owners who would agree to having their vehicle adorned in such a manner.
Brick and mortar IMO will become a necessity due to the number of options that will be available, Some of these options will require a bit of explaining. ie. smartphone interface and its myriad possible uses. and the so cool, use of transitions lens material in the sunroof/glass roof. Don't you want to see your fender options and/or mags for use with same or your upholstery color options. These retail centers don't have to be huge, just available.

karl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have never knowingly shaken the hand of a Puritan but they certainly have shaped this "free" country of ours. Who cares if a passenger has a drink? Even the driver for that matter. It is still illegal for the driver to be under the influence or drunk so what the heck is the problem?

Elynde

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
E
I have never knowingly shaken the hand of a Puritan but they certainly have shaped this "free" country of ours. Who cares if a passenger has a drink? Even the driver for that matter. It is still illegal for the driver to be under the influence or drunk so what the heck is the problem?
Exactly my thought. That is like saying you can't drive your drunk buddies home after a party even though you never drank a drop, because a drunk passenger is dangerous and might distract you.

elio_curious

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Thank you for the great writeup H2odog! It gives me more hope that this thing might actually make it out to the public... and at 250 / day they'll cover the ~ 15k of orders in 2 months or 40k of orders in about 5 or 6 months.

In the beginning I think just the Elio running around town will be more than enough advertising, I hope they don't feel like they need to spend Superbowl TV ad money or anything crazy like that.

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Drunks falling off a bicycle built for 10 except on "The Simpsons" where is that not a problem?

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Your passengers in a car can't drink while you drive (in most states, I think). That's probably a leading reason that the legislation was shot down.

Top Bottom