• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Oklahoma City Elio Or What I Learned In School Today

HoofHearted

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Wow, excellent information. Why is it I learn more about this car from people who go see it than I can ever glean from Elio websites and news stories?
IMHO Elio should rely on word of mouth and dump their current distribution plans. They could save lots of money by cancelling their brick and mortar store plans and rely more on unbiased opinions. Once a few of these are on the road with the price and mpg rating advertised in large print on the sides, these "rolling billboards" might do the trick. Elio could reduce the price for owners who would agree to having their vehicle adorned in such a manner.

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
IMHO Elio should rely on word of mouth and dump their current distribution plans. They could save lots of money by cancelling their brick and mortar store plans and rely more on unbiased opinions. Once a few of these are on the road with the price and mpg rating advertised in large print on the sides, these "rolling billboards" might do the trick. Elio could reduce the price for owners who would agree to having their vehicle adorned in such a manner.
I believe when we start driving the Elio we will be questioned at every stop.

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This won't cost them a dime. Do you think Chevy, Ford, et al spend money to build dealerships? They've likely got owners of current dealerships lied up hopping to get a piece of the pie.

BrianRosenthal

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
A cloud appears........... :(
Arizona Senate Bill 1201

Looks like this was not only an autocycle bill. From

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...3/brewer-vetoes-bills-signs-new-laws/8067711/

Autocycles: SB 1201 would have added autocycles and motorized quadracycles — multiperson motorized cycles — to state transportation statutes and would have licensed quadracycles as limousines, allowing passengers to drink alcohol. Brewer in her veto said the bill could pose a public-safety risk, primarily if passengers are drinking alcohol.

My guess is they were also trying to get permission for "party bikes", or pedal powered rolling bars:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Party_bike

Top Bottom