• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Ohio Elio Club

LGilbert

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Only thing I know enough about and can agree with is the lumbar support and heated seats maybe a massager too. But with my bad back I'm just hoping for a smooth ride. This low to the ground I doubt it, but still hope for it.

I agree totally! Lumbar and heat are at the top of my option list, too. The rest are DIY or performance mods.

If they set the resonant frequency of the suspension correctly, it should have a good ride, although not like a Camry, probably more like my BMW, firm but not punishing. They can't afford to have a soft, sloppy suspension that allows the body to tilt much in corners as it would disturb the traction of the trailing wheel.

Just received my number: 2140

Reaction score
I agree totally! Lumbar and heat are at the top of my option list, too. The rest are DIY or performance mods.

If they set the resonant frequency of the suspension correctly, it should have a good ride, although not like a Camry, probably more like my BMW, firm but not punishing. They can't afford to have a soft, sloppy suspension that allows the body to tilt much in corners as it would disturb the traction of the trailing wheel.

Just received my number: 2140
OH BOY ! Do you have a mechanic's guide to this thing already? WTH is a resonant frequency? And how would I know if it's set correctly? Thinking the head team might think about putting on a maintain class 101, for old ladies and others.... Do one in every state folks are signed up in. Set it up in a hotel for three days and two nights. They can charge extra for profit and revenue. I'd sure would enjoy a few days away from the farm duties around here.

Buckeyejake

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OH BOY ! Do you have a mechanic's guide to this thing already? WTH is a resonant frequency? And how would I know if it's set correctly? Thinking the head team might think about putting on a maintain class 101, for old ladies and others.... Do one in every state folks are signed up in. Set it up in a hotel for three days and two nights. They can charge extra for profit and revenue. I'd sure would enjoy a few days away from the farm duties around here.
Im sure if we get a Ohio group together we can discuss and review all these questions at our own meetings. That's half the fun of owning a unique vehicle.

LGilbert

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
OH BOY ! Do you have a mechanic's guide to this thing already? WTH is a resonant frequency? And how would I know if it's set correctly

OOPS! Sorry! Every moving part has a resonant frequency, that is, a frequency at which it will vibrate most efficiently. For example, the ting when you hit a glass. For car suspensions, the lower the resonant frequency of the suspension, the less road irregularities will be transmitted through, the more isolated the chassis is from the road. Cars that have mushy suspensions that bound up and down at about 1-2 cycles/second when you press on the fender will not pass through vibrations that are above about 2-4 cycles/second and will have a very smooth ride. The drawback is that the soft suspension exhibits poor weight control and sluggish handling. Sports cars have tauter springs/shocks that raises the resonant frequency. More of the road irregularities come through as more of the road noise is lower in frequency than the suspension. So sports cars handle better (assuming the car is properly designed in the first place), but have firmer rides and more road shock to the passenger. There is always a compromise that must be chosen between smooth ride and excellent handling with spring rate, shock rate/curves, bump steer correction, bushing hardness, tire choice and other factors all contributing.

Double D in Ohio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
cool, with me. Cedar point would be great. I haven't been there in decades. BTW, IMO Ohio is North East.
Guess that North East thing is based on where and when you learned your US history. I'm 56 and Ohio was always taught as the Midwest when I was in Grade school and HS. You must Remember when you crossed over the mountains into Ohio from PA.....IT became a very different landscape. Ohio in the Early days was a transportation Hub. the Miami Erie canal. A heck of a lot of rail till this very Day Runs thru OHIO and we have 75 and 70 as major East West and North South Interstates. In the old days it was RT 40 now called the Old National Road for E&W and RT 25 That Ran From Michigan to FLA for N&S. I spoke to a life Long North-Easterner Last year. He exclaimed, Its true when you get to Ohio the Skies are Clearer and the People are Friendlier. Don't think he had Physical ever been here before. Us be in Fly Over Country and All. So Quick NE OHIO , you now Know why a lot of us Consider it The Midwest, OH and we were the west before the Louisiana Purchase ! If you are up By Cleveland I could very easily see why you think it should be the NE because of all the lake effect snow you get up that way. I already suggested to ELIO to come up with some type of outrigger system for us in the snow belt that would allow us to travel in the 2 ruts in the road in the winter. Otherwise we are going to have a lot of noise from that 3rd wheel. Glad to see some Other folks from Ohio think the club idea is a good thing. I was in the (Think Dayton Ohio Wright Pat AFB) Fairborn, Ohio Chapter of the Goldwing Road Riders Association.....We had a lot of fun meeting and going to lunch or breakfast somewhere. Hope we have enough Owners in a few years we have a destination ride to the Factory. Lets hope our numbers keep growing. Double D in OHIO.

Reaction score
Hey Double D, they sold 577 in the past 6 days !!!! New reservation number as of Jan 23 is 8,163 !!!! Numbers are growing with all those car shows they're doing!
We've gotten the snow lately, boy oh boy! But, it's light and fluffy, not bad to shovel, horror to drive in because of the drifting.

Double D in Ohio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey Double D, they sold 577 in the past 6 days !!!! New reservation number as of Jan 23 is 8,163 !!!! Numbers are growing with all those car shows they're doing!
We've gotten the snow lately, boy oh boy! But, it's light and fluffy, not bad to shovel, horror to drive in because of the drifting.
My only thing about the car shows , they paraded around the P3 for almost a year. Have they got the P4 out there, or are they still showing the P3....truth in advertising.
I'm Diagonal across the state in SW Ohio. Getting hit early this morn with winds up to 50 mph..... I taught a driving lesson on country rds on Saturday down here. Blowing and drifting snow was bad, went total white out once and near white out several other times. My wife said a friend of hers read The Farmers Almanac and it was right on the money for January.....But February is supposed to be worse. Mother nature is reminding us who is In Charge.

Top Bottom