• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

No Carpet? Really?

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good point about the "cold" air intake, although I'd point out that many so-called cold air intake kits are sold as such althrough they aren't truly cold air since they suck air in from the engine bay, as you pointed out.
"But if it says 'cold air intake', it must make my car go faster, right? Same with my fart-can muffler..." :rolleyes::p

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if the cone filter (warm air intake) will stay. I bet it is cheaper than going with a traditional airbox so saves a few bucks, but there will be increased intake noise. It will definitely sound sportier. Anyone who has gone from a baffled airbox to a cone on a stick can tell you how much of an increase the intake noise makes. It is significant.

It is a noise I like, but then again I like my vehicles a little rougher around the edges.

Gregw

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Wonder how hard it would be to coat the exposed metal with a bedliner material like Line-X? Remove seat, tape off and spray.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wonder how hard it would be to coat the exposed metal with a bedliner material like Line-X? Remove seat, tape off and spray.
The inside floor on the configurator is same color as the outside paint. I do not remember ever seeing a vehicle with an exposed metal floorboard.
I am thinking custom fit floor mats will be available. If not I can go to Wal-Mart and get a Golds Gym floor mat and cut to shape for 23 bucks.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I would be a little concerned with the smell of that stuff in an enclosed space. Maybe they could make it with that "new car" smell.:D
Buy it now, and give it that long to off gas.
I got a rubber mallet from HF and it took 2 years for the smell to finally fade enough to put it in the tool box.

Top Bottom