• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Next Steps In Elio Crowdfunding

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Things I saw yesterday and today that convinced me that Elio needs to protect its self with lawyers.........

........ Over on ElioMotors FB -- Someone who wants to do a class action on Elio -- not really sure for what
........ And on Fox News the first infomercial from a law firm encouraging people to call to get in on a TDi lawsuit if you got a 2009 to 2015

Makes you wonder why anyone would want to go into business.

some of the haters have been throwing around a Class Action for a good while now .... in today's world anyone can take anyone to court over most anything .... winning in court is a different manner .... as is surviving the counter suit .... in the end, the lawyers are the only ones who come out ahead

VW on the other hand is facing major problems

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Things I saw yesterday and today that convinced me that Elio needs to protect its self with lawyers.........

........ Over on ElioMotors FB -- Someone who wants to do a class action on Elio -- not really sure for what
........ And on Fox News the first infomercial from a law firm encouraging people to call to get in on a TDi lawsuit if you got a 2009 to 2015

Makes you wonder why anyone would want to go into business.
Key point: if one (VW) does go into business and makes claims about their products standards (VW TDI) they should be truthful and if not face a lawsuit.

EM on the other hand said specifically to all-in reservationists that they may never produce and or deliver a vehicle. What part of that contract stipulation didn't they understand? That same language is used in EM's Crowdsource Funding Documents.

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, I'm not sure if I would call this a "High Risk" investment. At this point, the question isn't "Will Elio go into production?" but "WHEN will Elio go into production?" And I don't think there is any doubt that it will succeed once it does. This ain't no Mollar Skycar :p At the very least, I would expect to (eventually) break even.

The question for my budget is, "Can we afford what is essentially a $600 hobby purchase, that may take years to pay itself off?" Kinda like buying solar panels.
I would have to disagree with your comparison. The solar panels can be calculated with there cost and how much electric they produce, and can be figured out when you will break even and start to make some profit.

Elio, is indeed a high risk. Its more then a when, its still an if at this point.

Bottom line is if you really can't afford to lose your 600, you shouldn't invest. If you can, then by all means, give it a shot. :)

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's not lawyer speak. This is a highly risky venture. They're short roughly 200 million even to open the doors, and who knows how long it will take to become profitable. Meanwhile, they have large short term debts. That makes this investment speculative, to say the least. Prudent it is not. Heart-warming it may be, but being blind to the level of risk and attributing it on lawyer-speak is, to be kind, blinker-vision. Go read the darn prospectus, will you?
so to the point!!!, people see and read that which they want to believe, and when the sh_t hits the fan, it's someone else fault

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think Elio Motors will succeed without my tiny little $400 offer. So I'm going to save it towards my Elio purchase. For me that's the better investment, given who in my family needs to drive them. More than anything I want to keep my commitment to three Elios together.

So by example, that's my opinion at this level of money management.

Top Bottom